Invalid HTML

Answered!
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Invalid HTML

Has anyone else noticed we have suddenly lost the ability to tag each other or anyone else into posts, and the inclusion of a screenshot or photo, or any other type of PNG file will result in a red field with Invalid HTML.?

It appears all we can do here now is post generic text! Is anyone else finding this.

Cheers....Rob

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Helen427@Branka-and-Silvia0@Gillian19

Happy Friday!

I have good news, which I think you are all going to be very relieved to hear. The @ mention function should now be working for you all. Please give it a try in your next reply and let me know how you get on. 

If you experience any difficulty, please let me know and I will look into this.

Look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

Lizzie

[as I've mentioned you elsewhere, Rebecca, Robin, Letitia, Fred, Jessica & Henry – just saving you a duplicate notification]

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Why so many posts have so many unlinked host's names grayed out. Been happening off and on for last two days.

Agreed that the past couple weeks the tagging function hasn't been working properly. In addition, I had trouble with the min/max nights setting for length of stay last week and when I checked again over the weekend it was okay.

I tried tagging Robin just now and got the following message.

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Yes Jess, Gillian, Fred, Rebecca ,1 & 2 Huma...Lizzie....Donald Trump, God almighty and whoever else may be out there, that is what is happening, the only message you can post is one with generic text....no tags....no pictures....no PGN files, and you can't even address it to anyone.

There has been a lot of changes here on the forum just recently and it appears the CC are using the same programmers who are responsible for events on other areas of the platform.

In so many aspects of daily life we are seeing 'alterations and consequences' which, the older we get, the more stupid they become. Once upon a time experience was sought after and rewarded in all forms of employment.

Companies were run by those people who had a few years behind them...they had experience ....They didn't put kids fresh out of diploma school in the managing directors chair!

Those who wrote computer programs 15-20 years ago wrote them with the foresight of hindsight, 'experience'..... and of course, it worked, the computer age became a runaway success.

Daily now we see Telco crashes where the network goes offline! Airline booking platforms strand 1000s of passengers because 'the system crashed'! People cannot withdraw their money at an ATM because there has been a 'glitch in the system' Accounts don't get sent out, renewals don't arrive and on and on!!

And the age of responsibility has passed. These interlectual keyboard morons go from one disaster to another.

The other night my youngest daughter (who is a nurse) noticed a visitor in a nursing home visiting his wife looking uncomfortable and his mouth started to droop on one side. She asked him a few questions and felt this visitor was in the early stages of having a stroke so she called for an ambulance! The ambulance was 90 minutes getting to the patient, and on the way to hospital he had a massive stroke...the poor guy didn't make it! 90 minutes for an ambulance, why.......a computer glitch, someone's husband died because of a bloody computer glitch!

It is high time we left these kids to their computer games and leave them to live in their virtual world where it doesn't matter if someone dies.

Lets start bringing back competent program writers who can build a platform that actually works instead of having to be constantly maintained!

See if I can get this one off without some invalid HTML

Cheers......Rob

@Robin0 many moons ago I was a computer programer. I still remember crying in the library at college when someone bumped into me and my 1000+ data punched cards ended up all over the floor and now out of order. I learned RPG, Cobalt, and C languages and I was good. Fast forward 15+ years, I was now too expensive so bonus/pay increases stopped and I ended up getting out of programing for this reason. I let them have the cheap new programers fresh out of school who had no clue. Was not worth the headaches of having to fix all their errors and just be told I was too expensive and salaried so fix it.  

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@ Letitia.....I rest my case!

Incidentally it is no good just hitting @  and entering the name, I tried an ended up with a Letitia in New Zealand....and I am pretty sure, that ain't you!

And the Robin you ended up with was a Robin in Virginia, and that sure as hell ain't me!

In another of my lives, I am the kitchen co-ordinator for our local branch of a voluntary meals organisation that cooks and supplies three course meals daily to folk who can no longer cook for themselves.

We as an organisation in this state of South Australia are by any measure successful....on Tuesday April 17 this year we delivered our 50 millionth meal since our inception in 1954. 

Our head office is staffed entirely by what I would term as  'marginally competent' people and they are in the process of going from a manually run system to a computerised system, supposedly to streamline the running of the various branches. The firm head office have engaged to facilitate this is staffed entirely by sub 30 year olds and every day we are beset by holes in the program. And when trying to get some resolution to the problems we face we are told the only way from A to B is via Q and that a patch may be developed in the next 18 months to fix the problem.

God I pray for someone like you to come along Letitia and actually write a program that caters for the needs of the organisation instead of the needs of the programmers wallets!

I can't supply any links just now, but if you looked on the internet for Meals on Wheels South Australia you would see what we do.

Cheers......Rob

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

Yep - I just tried tagging you and it failed. It was working earlier. If only Airbnb placed the same high standards on themseleves that they put on us!

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Robin - Aside from the tagging issue, as of today, anytime I make a comment (whether short or long) it is deleted within a short period of time. My 'hope' is that these are indeed all just technical glitches, and not something else - something far less benign.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Rebecca- This thread has been up for 3 hours now, are telling me I am due for 'the chop'!

For years Rebecca I ran estimation programs in Excel and the last thing I ever did before puting them into use was, establishing that other existing commands and cells were not going to be affected.

Lets just wait and see what happens. Looks like I might get a bit of time to brush up on other things.

Cheers......Rob

@Rebecca0 I had the same issue. I made a post about a San Antonio Meet Up on July 14th and wanted to bump it and it was gone. I sent a message to @Lizzie about it to see where it went and why or if planning a meetup that I am hosting with venue, beverages and snacks is against the rules. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Robin0 @Sarah0  messaged me about a work around that seems to be working. Rather than clicking on the picture of who you want to tag physically type in the name of who you want to tag. 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Robin0 the same here,  I have to write your name not just click on your avatar

setting a min stay for days in a week (monday, tuesday...) is problematic too. It erases itself from the form... but stays as a rule when I click on "save" button

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Robin4@Letti0@Branka-and-Silvia0@Rebecca181@Gillian19@Fred13@Jessica-and-Henry0,

Aww technology! Thanks so much for highlighting your experiencing in the Community Center today. I just wanted to let you know that I have escalated the errors you included above, about the @ mention function and adding a photo to your post, to our Tech Team. I know this makes posting here in the CC a little trickier, so I am hoping this will be resolved very soon. I will keep you updated. 🙂 

In terms of missing posts, this is a little more mysterious to me. As I've mentioned elsewhere, no posts will be removed unless they are in breach of our Community Center Guidelines, which are in place to protect our community here. If this is the case, you will be made aware of this. Therefore, I think we will need to gather more information around this, but I will need you help. Rebecca and Letitia, can you provide more information on your posts (if it is a new topic, the title would be handy) also, did you receive any error message when you tried to post it? Could it be that other topics have been posted above it and moved it down in the board?

Thanks to you all for your help with this. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie My post title I believe was: San Antonio Meet Up July 14th at 1pm Reply to This Thread if Interested in Attending. It was a new post and I bumped it once for the late night crowd and then it was gone. I sent you a private message about this, since I was concerned I violated some rule I didn't know about and that was why it was removed. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Letti0 for your reply here and for your DM, I will also reply to you there.

I have just managed to find your topic, via Search. I think perhaps it was a particular busy time and your post got pushed down the board a little as it is specific to your area, here is the link so you have it. I have also mentioned-in that topic, the other hosts you have been speaking with, so they know about your new topic. It would be lovely to hear what you are planning to do at your meetup (I wish I lived closer). 🙂

Please do keep an eye on your posts though and if you have any more concerns, just let me know. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------