Iphone app notification won't go away

Answered!
Joshua20
Level 3
Denver, CO

Iphone app notification won't go away

Dear Community,
I have a notification showing on my Airbnb app but no pending requests or messages at all. I've looked extensively, anyone have any ideas how to clear this as it may prevent me from replying to an actually request in a timely manner. I have redownload the app, turned notifications on and off. No notifications appear on the dashboard of the website. 

Joshua

1 Best Answer
Andrew174
Level 4
Minneapolis, MN

Logging out of my account on the app, and then logging back in seemed to do the trick for me. You can find the Logout button under the Settings.

View Best Answer in original post

147 Replies 147
Brett26
Level 1
Saskatoon, Canada

Ugh...thanks so much...worked over here.

Dean27
Level 2
Milpitas, CA

ISSUE NOT RESOLVED.

Logging out and back in is only a TEMPORARY solution, until the next notification triggers it back ON again. Then the issue of not clearing re-occurs.

Please fix ASAP, otherwise your users will start ignoring the notification badge (above the iOS app icon), which will lead to customer experience / owner-guest communication issues.

Also suffering from this OCD-person's nasty little itch
Linda243
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Thank you soooooo much!!! I had tried everything until I saw this! 

Linda243
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Thanks so much!! This was soooo annoying! 

David542
Level 1
El Segundo, CA

I have same problem for last month or so...

Paul272
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

yes I have the same issue.  As some have already stated this is obviously a bug with the app... Airbnb need to resolve this.  Do we know if they have looked into this or replied to this issue?

Jude4
Level 2
Coromandel, New Zealand

Best to send a message to their Twitter handle @AirbnbHelp.  They reply fairly promptly and the more people who report the quicker they'll sort it.

Rob11335
Level 1
Rozelle, Australia

Didn't work. Did it twice, even deleted the App and reloaded it ... it's still there ! It's driving me insane !

Christina1649
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

The persisting issue with Airbnb's app, which the developers have yet to resolve, has been a recurring inconvenience for me over the past six years. Despite numerous attempts to find a solution, the only effective method I've discovered to eliminate the bothersome red notification icon is accessing my account through a computer and archiving the read message responsible for triggering the notification.

The notification is related with the update of fiscal information. 

Go to TAX > Add pending Tax information and the notifications goes off

Joanna77
Level 1
Cirencester, United Kingdom

This was driving me mad too until I discovered that I had 3 messages from when I was a guest that had also come through as texts so I had answered them that way and not through the app. I was looking for notifications as a host, not as a guest which is why I couldnt find them

Same here!  I had messages as a guest that I hadn't clicked on.  This finally fixed it.  Thank you so much, it was driving me insane!