Iphone app notification won't go away

Answered!
Joshua20
Level 3
Denver, CO

Iphone app notification won't go away

Dear Community,
I have a notification showing on my Airbnb app but no pending requests or messages at all. I've looked extensively, anyone have any ideas how to clear this as it may prevent me from replying to an actually request in a timely manner. I have redownload the app, turned notifications on and off. No notifications appear on the dashboard of the website. 

Joshua

1 Best Answer
Andrew174
Level 4
Minneapolis, MN

Logging out of my account on the app, and then logging back in seemed to do the trick for me. You can find the Logout button under the Settings.

View Best Answer in original post

145 Replies 145

Nope. Doesn’t change a thing for me.

Come on AirBNB! It’s been years since your app worked properly. Slow and buggy. I can’t believe a major company would put out such a terrible product and not fix it for so many years. Everyone on your app development team, right down to the janitor, should be fired, and you should rewrite it from scratch. IT SUCKS.

Debbie794
Level 1
Scotland, GB

I also have exactly the same problem.  I keep all my messages up to date and have been through all the settings and can’t get rid of this!!  AirBnB...come-on .... fix this!!

Kristina379
Level 1
Northampton, GB

Steps that brought a brief relief of badge, but ultimately did not help:

1) Airbnb App settings, turn on push notifications (will get message, "Push Access Denied"). Select "Settings"

2) Selecting "Notifications" and toggle on. Select preferences for sounds, icon, lock screen, etc

3) I found "Background App Refresh" toggled Off or ON didn't matter either..

4) *** Under iPhone SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS > Airbnb > Notifications > "Badge App Icon" ... toggle OFF (I toggle all else ON).

Pjbk0
Level 2
Carlsbad, CA

How do I erase a notification?? Shows a notification when I opened all of them???

Guido156
Level 1
Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico

I know this is an old thread, but recently had this issue resurface. Tried the accepted answer (logging out and then back in), but didn’t help. The notification badges remained and also the green dots stayed. 

in the end I was able to remove the green dots and notification badges by visiting the Airbnb site in a browser, going to the inbox and opening the conversation(s) with green dots there. When you go to the app afterwards and do a pull to refresh in the inbox tab, the green dots and notification badges on the app icon will disappear. 

This is of course not a structural solution. Definitely something not ok in the iOS app if you ask me. 

Rob-And-Kat2
Level 2
New Hampshire, United States

Hi - yes this worked for me. Thank you for your solution.

But this is a new occurrence that had not been happening in the past....only as of about a few weeks. I think it has happened since they redesigned how it looks in the browser (not on the phone IOS APP) I hardly use the browser and hope that they remedy the problem soon with a solution. After we read a message the notification should disappear. 

Thanks!

This worked for me! Thank you!!

Nelson-and-Geneva0
Level 1
Joshua Tree, CA

I have found that I have to log into AirBnB on my computer and then find the message with the notification showing “unread”. Once I read the message on my computer and refresh the app on my phone, the notification goes away. Really annoying.

Syd145
Level 1
Pearl City, HI

Try logging in via desktop. Sometime there's a glitch on the iphone app, but when I logged into via desktop I found the notification was just an "Alerts" notice. Since I clicked the notice it has since gone away. Hope it helps.

Kimberly397
Level 2
Winter Park, FL

Me too!

Sebastian796
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Found it! In the app, go to the inbox then check the notifications in the bell symbol. I had one lurking in there that, once read, cleared the notification

Michael5065
Level 1
Long Beach, CA

What Sebastian above me said worked for me as well.  So annoying.

David8033
Level 1
Venice, FL

Here we are in 2021 and the issue hasn’t been fixed 

Daniel8610
Level 2
Miami, FL

I have one solution that worked for my particular situation. I used a browser on my computer and saw what was happening. My traveling profile was up to date on messages, it was my hosting profile that had unread messages (very strange). I clicked on the filter and chose "unread" and then entered each one. Now the notification number badge is cleared.

This worked for me Daniel, thank you! I was able to do the same from my phone and get rid of the pesky count.