Iphone app notification won't go away

Answered!
Joshua20
Level 3
Denver, CO

Iphone app notification won't go away

Dear Community,
I have a notification showing on my Airbnb app but no pending requests or messages at all. I've looked extensively, anyone have any ideas how to clear this as it may prevent me from replying to an actually request in a timely manner. I have redownload the app, turned notifications on and off. No notifications appear on the dashboard of the website. 

Joshua

1 Best Answer
Andrew174
Level 4
Minneapolis, MN

Logging out of my account on the app, and then logging back in seemed to do the trick for me. You can find the Logout button under the Settings.

View Best Answer in original post

145 Replies 145
Geoff18
Level 1
Toronto, CA

I'm having the same issue.  Help!

Ben87
Level 1
Knoxville, TN

Same.  Phantom notification.  Anyone have any resolution?  I've tried everything I know including reinstalling the app.

Is everyone running version 16.35 build (914)?  And did we all do the most recent iPhone update? version 9.3.5

I've emailed airbnb support about it but have not gotten a response.  Sent the email probably 5 hours ago so not expecting to hear back for a bit.

It does look like this problem has only been happening for a week or so judging by timestamps on this thread; wonder if it was iOS or Airbnb version update that caused it.

There are two more discussion rooms about the same problem.  I also tried to log out and then in, and it worked but just until next message come in. After new message its still badge 1 frozen. Did someone update to iOS 10 ? Any improvements ?

No improvements with 10th.
Kaspar0
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

Me as well, and it's bloody annoying!

After todays update, it's even worst. Now in travelling mode search bar is missing, on iphone 6, iOS 10 (next to still froyen badge).

Does anyone reads this messages ?

Kerina0
Level 1
Oakland, CA

I'm really glad that I'm not the same one with this issue! Has anyone had it fixed?

Jerry30
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

Can not get rid of it either! Jerry Kabilka
Daniel272
Level 1
Burlington, VT

Please fix this... very annoying...

Add me to the list. Yes, logging out / in / restarting temporarily fixed the issue but after receiving a new message from a host I'm back to square one. Frustrating as we're staying in Airbnb's for the next month or so and I can't tell whether I actually have an outstanding message from a host or it's this phantom notification.

You all should send emails over help center with the problem explained. Maybe they will do something if they get a lotts of emails. I am affraid that no one reads this rooms.

Penelope11
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Mine too, hoping a message will actually come through as leaving tomorrow!

Michael418
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

NOT a solution, just a workaround and detailed account of my fruitless efforts...

App installed on iPhone 6s running iOS 10.0.1 (14A403).  My badge is also stuck on "1" - does not increment with new messages; does not go away.

Called Airbnb at 855-424-7262; pressed zero, press 2 for other issues; eventually a rep came on the line.  Explained this vast problem... unfortunately the Airbn rep insisted it's not a problem on Airbnb's end.  Could be true, though clearly they aren't doing anything to help from what I see.  

After that call, I deleted the Airbnb app, and reinstalled it - NO change with badge, HOWEVER.... 

While the notifiation badge was still on 1, I found that in iPhone Settings > Notifications >  Airbnb was not listed! (insert scratching head emoji). Likewise, the Airbnb app (from iPhone settings) was not showing a notification option.  

Here it gets interesting. I opened the Airbnb app independently, went to it's settings, and guess what? The push notifications was turned off (but the badge was on ???).  Hmm. So, turned it on, and was redirected to iPhone's settings where notifications for the Airbnb app now appeared. Turned all off, and back on.

Steps that brought a brief relief of badge, but ultimately did not help:

1) Airbnb App settings, turn on push notifications (will get message, "Push Access Denied"). Select "Settings"

2) Selecting "Notifications" and toggle on. Select preferences for sounds, icon, lock screen, etc

3) I found "Background App Refresh" toggled Off or ON didn't matter either..

4) *** Under iPhone SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS > Airbnb > Notifications > "Badge App Icon" ... toggle OFF (I toggle all else ON).

Robyn46
Level 1
Hohenfels, Germany

I turned off all my notification in the app and then logged out. I closed out of the app, reopened it and logged back in. 8 chose not to turn on notifications right then and turned them in manually in the settings. The icon went away!
Jorge105
Level 1
Chandler, AZ

It's probably a marketing thing, making open the App so you get inspired to book a reservation. But overall it's annoying AF. AirBnB please fix this **bleep** yo!