Iphone app notification won't go away

Answered!
Joshua20
Level 3
Denver, CO

Iphone app notification won't go away

Dear Community,
I have a notification showing on my Airbnb app but no pending requests or messages at all. I've looked extensively, anyone have any ideas how to clear this as it may prevent me from replying to an actually request in a timely manner. I have redownload the app, turned notifications on and off. No notifications appear on the dashboard of the website. 

Joshua

1 Best Answer
Andrew174
Level 4
Minneapolis, MN

Logging out of my account on the app, and then logging back in seemed to do the trick for me. You can find the Logout button under the Settings.

View Best Answer in original post

145 Replies 145
Julien6
Level 1
Hong Kong

I have the same issue since a week... Super annoying...

Yvonne60
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Same here.
Andrew182
Level 1
New York, NY

I have the same problem and it's driving my OCD brain nuts 😛 glad to know I'm not alone... but I wish there was a solution!

Issue isn't solved. I've also got the same problem. Logging out & back in removes the notifications alert, but only until the next notification comes up.

Sue616
Level 2
York, United Kingdom

Seven years on... this issue is happening. I've logged out/in. Deleted app and reinstalled it. Turned off/on notifications and gone through both inboxes and all my settings. I've tried Airbnb Support but they didn't help and have now marked my unresolved issue as Your Case is Closed.

It's messing up my iphone homescreen and really bugging my OCD. If you've any advice apart from what I've already done, please send it my way! Many thanks x

@Sue616 this usually means you have notifications (often from support) on your travelling account rather than your host account. Try switching to this account and you may find the messages.

hi. Thanks for replying. I’ve gone through every message in both inboxes and there are no unread messages. 😞

I don’t have a host account and this still happens to me. It’s been 7 years and they haven’t done anything at all to fix the issue

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Stefan4213,

I get super annoyed by notifications too. Would you be able to give these steps a try? 

• Log out (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Close all browser windows/tabs (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Open ONE new window (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Clear cache and cookies and browser history (on all affected devices/browsers)
  • Delete & re-install app (if applicable)

Please let me know if the problem persists. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Assunta0
Level 1
Milan, Italy

Anche io 🙁
Christine275
Level 1
London, Canada

My app has been like this for weeks, but I just figured it out!
Tap the little person with the heart on the bottom right of the app. Then select settings and log off.
Log back in, and the false notifications disappear!

Thank you! It worked. Has been driving me nuts.

This is a problem that should be solved by Airbnb! Why? Because so many people are having the same problem. And the Airbnb app seems to be the only app with this problem. It could be a combination of IOS settings and the app but the cure must be brought by Airbnb
Brett26
Level 1
Saskatoon, Canada

Ugh...thanks so much...worked over here.

Dean27
Level 2
Milpitas, CA

ISSUE NOT RESOLVED.

Logging out and back in is only a TEMPORARY solution, until the next notification triggers it back ON again. Then the issue of not clearing re-occurs.

Please fix ASAP, otherwise your users will start ignoring the notification badge (above the iOS app icon), which will lead to customer experience / owner-guest communication issues.