Is there a way to search for listings with King Size beds? Shouldn't there be?

Answered!
Tj11
Level 8
New York, NY

Is there a way to search for listings with King Size beds? Shouldn't there be?

There are a few members of my family that are very tall, and whenever they stay in a traditional hotel they always make sure to ask and pay extra for a king size bed if possible.

Shouldn't there also be an easy way to search for the size of the bed? I don't see the option anywhere, and if members of my family (or others for that matter) are paying for a place that they can't get a solid night's sleep in like home, then it's worth very little.

I think this feature would help make Airbnb relevant to the masses and older generations instead of the more millenial crowd that doesn't mind cramped spaces (and also pays less)

1 Best Answer

Hi @Sam6522 

Airbnb had now added "King Bed" as a search filter. Check this article : https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/community-feedback-inspired-these-airbnb-updates-...

[Link updated by Community Manager]

View Best Answer in original post

43 Replies 43
Brian2336
Level 2
New York, NY

Welp, the weird experience-centric update they pushed to the desktop USA website today at least added a "beds" line to the listing summary so those of us who need a king bed don't have to click through and manually check every single listing. It's not the search filter we'd hoped for, but it's still going to save me a ton of time going forward... 

@Brian2336 I've not seen the new website yet but I hope Airbnb are able to differentiate between a US Kingsize vs UK Kingsize vs European King size.......If not you will be sorely disappointed if you leave the USA.

I'm not sure I agree.  Most European hotels list the bed sizes in rooms and it doesn't seem to cause a problem.  We recently stayed in a Spanish hotel (non-US brand), chose a king bed and while it was smaller than a US king bed it was perfectly acceptable.  

Hi @Sam6522 

Airbnb had now added "King Bed" as a search filter. Check this article : https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/community-feedback-inspired-these-airbnb-updates-...

[Link updated by Community Manager]

OMG!!!!! THANK YOU... I didn't know and was always SO FRUSTRATED! So much time wasted...

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

i'm just bumping this cos SIX YEARS LATER this still isn't a feature, but we have OMG categories........

Alexis756
Level 2
Austin, TX

2023 and airbnbs are 3X as expensive, yet I still can’t sort by a King bed only. Yep, back to hotel rooms I go!!! Sorry bnb hosts. Your **bleep**ty double beds and “sofa beds” are not worth your $200-300 per night price tags. BYEEEEEE

@Alexis756 The laws of supply and demand will sort out Airbnbs that are not good value.  A king bed search will cause all sorts of problems outside the USA so I wouldn't recommend this to Airbnb.

Nice try, host. No one wants to sleep in your little twin beds whilst your rates remain in the multiple hundreds of dollars per night. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Alexis756 

Sorry to hear that the beds offered at some Airbnbs aren't for you.  The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same things!

I can see you've posted a couple of times about your preference for a king bed, and while it's totally fine to have that opinion, It's important that we remain respectful towards each other and ensure everyone feels welcome e.g. not using profane language as per our Community Center Guidelines which you agreed to when you signed up.

As @Mike-And-Jane0 pointed out, the term "king bed" wouldn't work outwith the USA but should you decide to give Airbnb another try, It's always best to carefully read a listing and look at the photos ahead of booking.  That way you can avoid booking something that doesn't provide the amenities you expect. 

If you're unsure about the size of the bed in a listing photo, you can even drop a potential Host a message just to check that what they offer suits your needs!

Have a great day!

Jenny 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Alexis756 How very rude - Strangely we have a King size bed in all but one of our 6 bedrooms. The other does have 2 single beds which is actually quite useful for guests with two children. Oh and even accounting for exchange rates we don't charge hundreds of dollars per night.

It does fascinate me when folks dislike something for reasons that are demonstrably false. If you don't like Airbnbs then stay in a hotel but please don't tar everyone with the same brush.

I disagree

Kenneth440
Level 1
Dunstable, MA

Interestingly, VRBO figured this out a long time ago.  It is tedious here.

Samuel1041
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

I'm also sorely missing this. Having to check every single listing's photos manually. Painful.