Is there a way to search for listings with King Size beds? Shouldn't there be?

Answered!
Tj11
Level 8
New York, NY

Is there a way to search for listings with King Size beds? Shouldn't there be?

There are a few members of my family that are very tall, and whenever they stay in a traditional hotel they always make sure to ask and pay extra for a king size bed if possible.

Shouldn't there also be an easy way to search for the size of the bed? I don't see the option anywhere, and if members of my family (or others for that matter) are paying for a place that they can't get a solid night's sleep in like home, then it's worth very little.

I think this feature would help make Airbnb relevant to the masses and older generations instead of the more millenial crowd that doesn't mind cramped spaces (and also pays less)

Top Answer

Hi @Sam6522 

Airbnb had now added "King Bed" as a search filter. Check this article : https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/community-feedback-inspired-these-airbnb-updates-...

[Link updated by Community Manager]

View Top Answer in original post

50 Replies 50

Just curious why you stated that the King bed search would not work out in the USA? It seams very simple to me. I put King bed in my own listing and my guests tell me they love that. When I travel my husband and I need a King Bed - he is 6.3 feet. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Alexis756 How very rude - Strangely we have a King size bed in all but one of our 6 bedrooms. The other does have 2 single beds which is actually quite useful for guests with two children. Oh and even accounting for exchange rates we don't charge hundreds of dollars per night.

It does fascinate me when folks dislike something for reasons that are demonstrably false. If you don't like Airbnbs then stay in a hotel but please don't tar everyone with the same brush.

I disagree

Kenneth440
Level 1
Dunstable, MA

Interestingly, VRBO figured this out a long time ago.  It is tedious here.

Samuel1041
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

I'm also sorely missing this. Having to check every single listing's photos manually. Painful.

I can absolutely tell you that as a renter many dozens of times, I always spend countless hours searching for properties with TWO King since beds.  It's frustrating that no one has thought to put a filter on the search site that allows number of beds, IE "twin size, 3 or more" etc.  For the 5 % of owners who supply 2 or more King beds (great for traveling multiple couples), it would give them a lot better chance of being seen by the people who want what they got.