Is this listing a scam?

Is this listing a scam?

**[Identifiable listing removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that is not allowed to post a listing link unless posted by a listing owner]

4 Replies 4
Elena4354
Level 3
Porto, Portugal

Hi @Gloria1178, as I see this is a real Airbnb listing, why do you think it is a scam?

Regards.

Elena

Hi, thank you for replying. I thought it was a scam because the host is new and has no reviews. Also, the property seems to be too good for the price. I am scared of turning up and then having no place to stay; I’ve seen a lot of this happen recently so I’m sceptical.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Gloria1178, thank you for reaching out to our community for advice.

I wanted to share that I had to remove the link to a Host's profile/listing as we do not allow our Community members to post identifiable information due to safety and privacy reasons as per our Community Center Guidelines.

There's a popular thread in our Community Center where an experienced Host has shared some useful tips to identify if a listing is authentic. Scam alert! How can I make sure a listing is real? 

I hope this helps.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Patricia2526
Top Contributor
Manila, Philippines

Hi @Gloria1178 

A new Airbnb listing without reviews may have lower pricing than the market average. This doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a scam; it can be a strategy for new hosts to attract bookings and gain reviews quickly. It's best to contact the host directly. If the host tries to arrange a booking outside of the Airbnb platform, consider this a red flag and report the listing immediately.

hope this helps.