Is this listing too good to be true?

Answered!
S193
Level 1
Walnut Creek, CA

Is this listing too good to be true?

Hello, this is a new listing for an incredible price (I think). No reviews and the owner is offering a discount for the first 3 bookings. I read your points on how to verify but am not able to decide, and would love a 2nd set of eyes. Thank you.

**[Identifiable listing removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines- Please note that is not allowed to post a listing link unless posted by a listing owner]

1 Best Answer

Hi @S193 

The listing is new but the Host is a long-time user of the platform and had several excellent reviews as a guest. 

Host has the option to offer a New Listing Promo discount which is 20% off their regular nightly rate for the first 3 guests to encourage guests to book. This is a real promo of the platform. Being cautious is natural but bookings confirmed on the platform are protected. You may refer to "Aircover" on your coverage as a guest should the listing be not as expected. 

There is a helpful article about that: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3218

I hope you find a listing that suits your needs. All the best. 

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Bettye6
Level 10
McHenry, IL

Hi @S193,

Went right to the listing & all seemed OK with me. 
I have found in traveling via AirBnB that pricing in 1 area can be the difference of hundreds of dollars. If in doubt reach out to AirBnB support & ask. 
This host has been a traveler for 11 years. Read her bio. Seems legit to me. 
When in doubt check it out, via AirBnB support. We can only see the same information as you & would hesitate to give you a complete thumbs up or down.

Good luck in your search. 
Best regards,

Bettye6

Thank you @Bettye6 . The listing has been removed, or at least I can no longer find it for any dates in a 2-month span around my original dates for which it was available last night. 

@S193 Just another thought. The listing could be possibly blocked due to a current booking as well. 
AirBnB keeps track of how long someone has been hosting or utilizing AirBnB for traveling. To my knowledge a person can’t say they were part of AirBnB family for 11 years unless they were able to hack the system. I find that highly unlikely. 
Happy Holidays,

Bettye6

Hi @S193 

The listing is new but the Host is a long-time user of the platform and had several excellent reviews as a guest. 

Host has the option to offer a New Listing Promo discount which is 20% off their regular nightly rate for the first 3 guests to encourage guests to book. This is a real promo of the platform. Being cautious is natural but bookings confirmed on the platform are protected. You may refer to "Aircover" on your coverage as a guest should the listing be not as expected. 

There is a helpful article about that: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3218

I hope you find a listing that suits your needs. All the best. 

Thanks for your quick reply. It appears the listing has been removed.