Issue with Airbnb Support / Listing Suspended

Answered!
Thomas3667
Level 2
Severna Park, MD

Issue with Airbnb Support / Listing Suspended

Hello. I am new to listing directly with Airbnb. I previously had my rental with another listing company but wanted to switch to Airbnb to have more control over my listing. I first posted my listing with Airbnb about 2 weeks ago. It went great at first and I got a booking right off the bat. Then I got an email from Airbnb saying I needed to provide a government ID and proof of address. I did both right way and my profile says both are on file. But my listing got suspended anyway. For the last week I have been trying to work with Airbnb support to get it active again. They keep telling me it is active, but under my listing profile  it says it is suspended and won't allow  me to open the calendar. Airbnb support has closed 4 separate tickets now and seems more intent on not keeping tickets open than actually solving my issue. I've tried the chat feature and phone call. I need help and Airbnb support is not giving it to me. I need to get this listing active as my rental is for the summer months and now is when families book them up! Any support or guidance is greatly appreciated. If this isn't resolved soon, I'll need to figure something else  out. 

1 Best Answer

YES! I am up and running. The community manager (Rebecca) got my issue escalated and finally resolved 🙂 I was so happy this morning.

Thanks for following up with me!

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Thomas3667 

How frustrating for you. I can see your listing under your profile but when I go in to see if I can make a calendar it shows the calendar is blocked off.

You could try contacting Airbnb via their social media (do this as public post not direct messaging) and use the hashtag Airbnb in your comms.

Thanks for the advice about social media. That may help get more traction. I keep being told my listing is now active but my profile says it is suspended and I can't open my calendar. I've been going around in circles for the last week. I'll go to social media next. 

Hi @Thomas3667 

Yikes! I would take some screen shots of your Profile ID verified and address verified and also a screen shot of where it says Listing Status Suspended and open a new conversation with Airbnb with the screen shots.

Airbnb has begun suspending listings if the Host Profile does not have ID verified and/or the listing address has not been verified. Sounds like you got caught in that. You should have seen the red Action Required for ID verification callout when you initially set up the listing? Any delay in getting that taken care of will result in a listing suspension. 

Identity Verification.png

Perhaps one of the moderators can forward this to the appropriate team at Airbnb? @Bhumika, @ Paula, @ Sophia?

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Joan2709,

Thank your for tagging the Community Center Team here. @Thomas3667, I've popped you a DM with some more information. 

Speak soon,

Rebecca

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thank you. I've been trying to get screenshots but the help center won't allow me to post them into the chat conversation. There has simply been a disconnect with them and I can't seem to get it resolved. Thank you for this explanation of why it probably got suspended. That is more information than the help center has provided. 

@Thomas3667 

Yes...getting past the CS "bots" is frustrating. You can't upload images on the first Chat attempt. The bot tries to force you to read Help articles that don't pertain. Simply say "No this doesn't solve my problem" choice. Then the next round is generally just first line CS. Again, say no, this doesn't solve my problem. Next they should say they will forward to another "Team" and they will get back to you. Then when they contact you, you should be able to upload images on that message thread with support.

Do note there is a slight lag for the "choices" callout to appear, so be patient.

When you are verified, you will see the ☑️ mark appear on your profile pix with the callout "Identity Verified".

ID Verified Callout.png

Thank you for the info. I have been sent to the "Specialized Team" a few different times but keep now being told it is basically in a workflow for someone to review and they can't tell me how long it will take. The bots have just been sending me around and around in circles. 

Hi @Thomas3667 

Looks like your calendar is open today and you show "verified" under your profile name!  Yaaaayyy! Glad that got corrected!!

Thanks for your assistance @Rebecca , @Helen3 !

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great news! You're so kind for checking back in with @Thomas3667! Thank you @Joan2709 😊 

-----

YES! I am up and running. The community manager (Rebecca) got my issue escalated and finally resolved 🙂 I was so happy this morning.

Thanks for following up with me!

It looks like I am running into the same issue. All 20 of my listings have been suspended since yesterday and we really need to get our listings up again as this is one of my only sources of income 😕 

@Rebecca @Joan2709 Any chance someone would be able to get this escalated for me as well? I just verified my identity as well (Though I had thought I already did this long ago but I guess not...) 

Hi @Alesia24 

@Yes…Airbnb is starting to suspend listings for Hosts who have not re-verified their identity. You should have received a notice, but it shows as a message on the traveler side not the Hosting side so many are missing it.

@Rebecca can you forward this to the appropriate Team at Airbnb?

@Joan2709  Correct I believe I first saw that in my traveler side as well... But I have since updated both my traveler and hosting sides so I'm hoping I can get my listings unsuspended soon. Airbnb has been transferring me to many different reps. 

Thank you so much for your timely response and looking forward to your help as well Rebecca. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Alesia24

The wonderful @Paula has escalated this for you yesterday! 😍

Fingers crossed they can get to the bottom of it and get your listings unsuspended. 🤞

Please let us know how you get on. 

-----