Just getting started and want to learn about expectations

Answered!
Elizabeth3572
Level 2
Virginia Beach, VA

Just getting started and want to learn about expectations

Hi all 👋

I'm new to AirBNB and I'm hoping to connect with someone to learn about the best way to engage with our guests. How can I set the proper house rules without being too pushy. What kind of rules should I set and what am I not thinking of.

Liz

1 Best Answer

Hi @Elizabeth3572 

Airbnb no longer shows the pet fee as a separate line item on the reservation detail any more (all in an effort to remove those pesky fees that guests hate). They now spread the pet fee over the nights of the reservation.

So for example, if your nightly rate was $100 per night and the guest was staying for 2 nights it would be $100 x 2 nights =$200. If your pet fee was $50, then Airbnb would spread the pet fee out over the 2 nights and the new nightly rate would be $125 per night instead of $100 and the total would be $250.

I don't like it this way as its obviously confusing for guests and hosts. Right now the cleaning fee is a separate line item, but rumor is that could be included in the nightly rate in the near future and spread out over the number of nights as well.

Pet Fees Added to Nightly Rate – Not Separate Line Item

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3171#section-heading-1-0

"...Guests love traveling with their pets—they’re part of the family. To make it even easier for Hosts to welcome pets, you can now add a pet fee to your pricing. If you choose to charge a pet fee, it’ll be spread out equally over the course of the stay and shown both as part of the nightly rate, and in the total price at checkout..."

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16

You are welcome @Elizabeth3572 !

I've been doing this for awhile now and am still learning all the time from all the Hosts that post here. I have a lot of "Ahaah" moments and "I didn't know that" when reading posts from other Hosts. 😊

Hi Liz! :wave:

Welcome to Airbnb! Keep your house rules clear, friendly, and essential—cover noise, smoking, pets, and safety. Focus on maintaining comfort without being too strict. Happy hosting!