List with Airbnb?

Vanna736
Level 2
New York, NY

List with Airbnb?

Hello existing hosts of Airbnb

I am an owner of a maisonette in Mykonos Greece.

I have been renting the past few years for the summer season with a company - prior to that with Home Away.

I am now considering to list it with Airbnb for summer 2022.

Since I am a long distant landlord, can anyone tell me the pros and cons of Airbnb ?

Does Airbnb provide a contract, the linens, towels, cleaning service?...do I need someone in Mykonos to greet the guests and to represent me in case problems arise?  Who holds the money/deposit?

Your comments are very appreciated

Thank you

Vanna Petry

Vanna petry
3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Vanna736 Think of Airbnb as just a marketing/listing service who collects the money. That is all they do.

You will need a co host on the island to either do the cleaning, washing, ironing, repairs etc or organise all of this.

Airbnb hold the money until the guest checks in and you would then get it a few days later

There is no security deposit.

If things go wrong assume you are on your own and you won't be disappointed.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Vanna736 

That’s a good summary by @Mike-And-Jane0 .

Airbnb will offer you the best advertising exposure available at the moment and that is a valuable service.

Airbnb will bring you more bookings than the others, but you can use them all.

This community forum is also an excellent benefit and you can learn a lot by participating regularly.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Brian2036 raises a good point. With Airbnb there is no commitment from you other than to honour any bookings made. You can stop using them anytime and/or list with VRBO etc at the same time.