Listing At Risk of Suspension or Removal

Donna1569
Level 1
Crosby, TX

Listing At Risk of Suspension or Removal

I've been hosting through Airbnb for 4 years now.  I've encountered my first alert of one of my listings at risk of suspension or renewal.  The issue mentioned is hard to check in even though the guests were told specific entry instructions but those were not followed.  It is on video from the exterior cameras of them not following the instructions.  This has only been 2 guests out of the 11 that have stayed.  This listing just opened up late last year and is in an area that does not get much traffic through the winter.  I find it difficult that I received this alert just after 2 stays and both were by guest issue, not a complicated entry.  Plus to note, both of these guests arrived very late, one arriving at almost 11:30 pm and the other arriving after 3 am.  I have since implemented a late check-in fee based on feedback from the Airbnb community to prevent future guests from arriving so late.

4 Replies 4
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

If you get three 3* reviews (or sub categories) then Airbnb will suspend your listing, first for a week, then a month, then a week for each additional 3* review. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What was the issue the guests said they encountered with check in @Donna1569 

One guest issue was a combination lock on a fence gate to enter.  We had it to provide extra privacy and security but since removed it to avoid further issues with any other future guests.  It was specific to this one group since all other groups did not have an issue.  It is not worth the risk for another issue if it is going to lead to low reviews for easy entry.  We thought we were doing something that would be appreciated.  

The other guest issue was they could not locate the lockbox that contains the key to get inside the home.  The lockbox was attached to a pillar behind outdoor curtains.  There were very specific instructions of where to locate it that were not followed.  The lockbox has since been moved to right beside the door.  

It is frustrating to receive low reviews and told the listing is at risk of being suspended or removed when they were clearly guest access errors of not following very specific check in instructions.  

Appreciate this information!  I wasn't aware of next steps.  I will monitor how future stays go.  Our Airbnb listings are our personal vacation homes that we decide to open up for other people to have the opportunity to create memories too when we are not using them.  We are not investors who are trying to get 100% occupancy and do not plan to run them as a hotel.  We have the homes how we want them regardless of guest reviews.  At this time, our properties are exclusively on Airbnb but if they end up suspended or removed, we will evaluate other options.  Guest feedback is not always 100% accurate for hosts to be penalized and personally attacked in public review comments resulting in defamation of character.