Listing Feedback

Answered!
Sinead73
Level 2
Enniskillen, United Kingdom

Listing Feedback

Hi, I am new to Airbnb Hosting & would love some feedback on my listing, we will be redoing photos professionally this weekend.  Constructive advise to help us get our first bookings welcome...

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/1235518717600085195?viralityEntryPoint=1&s=76

Top Answer
Philip3527
Level 4
Melbourne, Australia

@Sinead73 I have had a look at your listing and I love it! Makes me want to go there. There is just a 2 things I suggest. There is no description of your place, only about the surrounding area. I think it would be good to add a bit more about the house, do u have a kitchen they cook in, is the bed extra comfy, do you have a fireplace, u never know just some tiny information you give can be the deciding factor for a booking. Secondly you need more photos that show the space more. Take more wide angle shot. This allows the potential guest to see what they can expect and see the space in your home.  This 2 things will give the guest more information on their booking as they are paying for an Airbnb they would want to know what they can expect else they would be booking blindly and not many people will do that. I hope this helps, good luck with your Airbnb.

View Top Answer in original post

22 Replies 22
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Sinead73 ,

the first 5 photos are the most important and the cover photo should be one of your apartment, here is a guide on how to take the best photos that could be useful to you:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-How-to-best-photograph-your-home-with-you...

good luck!

Andrea

Sinead73
Level 2

Thank you so much @Andrea6232  & this is something we will ask for photographer to take as we know it is important to see a visual of the house you are staying in.  Thank you 

Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Andrea6232 

I agree with @Sinead73  if I am a mom learning for a get away for my little family, a old castle picture is probably not encouraging me.

Use the New Airbnb Host Discount, a small family is taking a chance on a new host and no reviews.  That is a big and expensive risk if the parents are wrong about you.

Review your amenities you can't just say kitchen you have to put the appliances included.

Is no wi0fi correct?  in todays market that is not good.

Beds and dining are or 4 but living room seating is 2.  Even some large floor pillows so children have something comfortable

Sinead73
Level 2

Hiya @Marie8425 

Thank you for taking time to review.

Yes, great idea about initial discount, I will get right on to that.

We unfortunately have to wait on the broadband guy so after 13th Sept we will have WiFi.  We do actually have seating for 5people with sofas in open plan area but you are correct in saying this is not clear & this we will also communicate.

I will have a wee think about photos encouraging families & we are in definite need of some more photos to showcase this cozy place.

Robert6
Level 5
Greenwich, CT

Wait until professional photos are taken, and you have wifi, before opening.  

Make sure you mention in your description if you are ok with small children, or folks under 25; small kids can destroy a wall in 5 minutes with a crayon, and folks under 25 can do the same with a party.

Sheri7
Level 3
Ventura, CA

Congrats and welcome to Airbnb @Sinead73 !

I agree with the previous comments regarding waiting until your pics have been done and wifi installed before listing. 
the interior of your home looks beautiful! But I’m unsure of what the house actually looks like from the outside. I think if you added a cozy colorful blanket at the foot of each bed it would look more inviting. And maybe a few fun pillows? It’s the details that catch the guests eye. 
I think you’re going to be a very successful host!

sheri

Would Be Nice to add one photo of the House  “outside view”, of the building And more of the surroundings. I  would avoid pictures of small itens.

Razvan46
Level 2
Pângărăcior, Romania

Hello Sined, 

First of all good luck in hosting your listing. About it, I have to mention is not on my taste, but that's not important. I think you have to focus on what experience want to deliver to your guests. If the place is a turistic one , than half of problem is solved, the next half I sugest to take care of details(ex. offer Tea,Coffee,Cold drinks,etc.).

Finaly, be original, do not imitate. I think is more valuable a personal, onest thaught than posting on the wall what everybody can read on internet(ex. Picture no.13 ). I'm not sure it helps you, but is my honest opinion. Best regards, Razvan.

P. S. You are not a real estate comp., take some profesional pictures. Good pictures always sell!

Robert375
Level 4
Vallejo, CA

Use a wide angle lens if possible. the photos are too cropped. The castle should be the last photo. the main photo should be a wide shot of the bedroom or living room area. 

Add wifi in the description or everyone will keep messaging you to verify there is an internet connection. 

Hi Sinead! Lovely place you've listed! I agree with other suggestions, particularly that you look through to make sure you've "claimed" all the amenities you've got. Some seem very basic (like heating or hot water) but if you don't check those it might scare off some potential guests. Good luck!

Veena49
Level 2
Fremont, CA

Congrats and welcome to Airbnb @Sinead73 !

I agree with the previous comments regarding waiting until your pics have been done and wifi installed before listing. 

If you have full kitchen then guests look for some must haves in the kitchen - Coffee /Tea , coffee maker and the condiments, a good toaster, and few other essentials if you can. These are small things but can make a huge difference. I also keep some ready to make oats and energy bars to go. 

Maureen348
Level 3
Calgary, Canada

I agree with what's been said so far. In addition, having air conditioning or fans would be a good idea, and hot water is almost always expected. Personally, I wouldn’t book a place that doesn’t provide hot water.

Also, consider adding toiletries for guests convenience if you haven't done so already. Those little touches can go a long way. All the best. 

Mark5178
Level 2
Beaver, OH

Recommend exterior photos of your house or apartment.  List ALL your amenities.  Organize photos by room.  List bed size & where they are, first floor, upper level, etc.  Don't rely totally on your photos.  Describe everything and be clear & up front about everything.  Do you supply coffee?  Pots, pans, blender?  Microwave, frig? List it.  

Create the guide book & list places to eat, things to see, unique experiences & events.  

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much @Mark5178 @Maureen348 @Veena49 @Margaret1463 @Robert375 @Razvan46 @Renata-Torquato-F-R-Vieira0 @Sheri7 @Robert6 for sharing your support and suggestions with @Sinead73 😍 It's amazing to see these constructive and great ideas for the new Host 🤗 

I am tagging @Sinead73 on your behalf so that she can notice these wonderful responses and ask any follow up questions! 

Community Center Tip 💡: To tag members in your comments and notify them, type @ and select their name from the list that appears. This ensures they get a notification that you've commented on their post.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines