Listing Photos - why has Airbnb taken away the ability to edit photos. I cannot find (other than video) my photos.

Answered!
Simmy-And-Maurice0
Level 2
Mount George, Australia

Listing Photos - why has Airbnb taken away the ability to edit photos. I cannot find (other than video) my photos.

I used to find it easy to edit my listing but Airbnb has somehow changed how things work and it doesn't work !!  Even from the dashboard, there is no link to edit the listing. Really !  It has a tab called "listings' but it just shows what the guests can see.

1 Best Answer

Hi @Simmy-And-Maurice0 

Yes, this is all part of the Winter 2023 release that went platform-wide 01/26/24. Below is the Winter 2023 release video that explains the new format. Airbnb wants Hosts to use the AI photo tour, so in order to add photos or change a caption you have to use the photo tour. I'm not a fan of the photo tour and believe it should be optional. The left side of the Listing Editor shows all the sections of your listing. Click the "card" on the left side for each section in order to edit. The "View" button allows you to see what a guest sees in each section.

How to Edit Your Listing - Video

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/introducing-the-listings-tab-638

- Click Listing at top

- Listing Editor

- Your Space

- Photo Tour

Listing Editor.png

Photo Tour.png

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Simmy-And-Maurice0 

Are you sure you're in host mode and not guest mode?  To check this, under menu go all the way down to the bottom on your phone and you'll see a button that says "switch to travelling" or "switch to hosting".

Alternatively, from the computer, you click on your photo profil picture, (top right) scroll down and you'll see these mentions

Hi. Yes I am in host mode. 

Hi @Simmy-And-Maurice0 

Yes, this is all part of the Winter 2023 release that went platform-wide 01/26/24. Below is the Winter 2023 release video that explains the new format. Airbnb wants Hosts to use the AI photo tour, so in order to add photos or change a caption you have to use the photo tour. I'm not a fan of the photo tour and believe it should be optional. The left side of the Listing Editor shows all the sections of your listing. Click the "card" on the left side for each section in order to edit. The "View" button allows you to see what a guest sees in each section.

How to Edit Your Listing - Video

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/introducing-the-listings-tab-638

- Click Listing at top

- Listing Editor

- Your Space

- Photo Tour

Listing Editor.png

Photo Tour.png

Hello @Joan2709 

I hope you are well?  I had a look at @Simmy-And-Maurice0 listing and they are still appearing under the old format so am wondering if there hasn't been a delay with everyone going over to the new format?  There are a number of hosts still not with the new Photo tour. Any insights?

I went for the Early release so am at a loss to help @Simmy-And-Maurice0 as we don't have the same version.

Hi @Joelle43 and hope you are well too!

Hmmmm....I don't see the photo tour on @Simmy-And-Maurice0 listing either, but the Host I was working with did not opt-in to the new release, so not sure if it has switched over yet either?  It may be there is a delay? It does seem he was switched to the new format, as he mentions "everything has changed?" 🤔  Seems like he has just not added the photo tour and still has the old format for photos which I believe you cannot edit unless you add the photo tour?

@Simmy-And-Maurice0 

You might want to contact CS and see what they advise?

Simmy-And-Maurice0
Level 2
Mount George, Australia

Hi Everyone.

Something happened overnight- someone pressed a button. The page looks totally different and I can now get into the photos. Thanks for your help.

Thank you so much @Simmy-And-Maurice0 for sharing this update. So glad to know that it is resolved.

I am also tagging our super-helpful members @Joan2709 @Joelle43 so that they know it is thankfully resolved for you 😍🌻.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

I hear you! Airbnb's recent updates have definitely shifted how we manage our listings. The new Winter 2023 release emphasizes using the AI photo tour for editing photos and captions, which has caused some confusion and frustration among hosts who prefer more direct control.

To edit your listing now, you'll need to navigate through the Listing Editor's sections on the left side. Each section has a "card" you can click on to make changes. It's a bit different from before, but once you get used to it, it can be quite straightforward. If you haven't already, checking out the Winter 2023 release video might help clarify things and show you the new workflow.