Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Listing is being suspended and pending removal without adequate review of appeal

Traci278
Level 2
Jacksonville, FL

Listing is being suspended and pending removal without adequate review of appeal

(Long Post) I recently received the following email from AirBNB.

"This listing appears to be a duplicate of "30+ Day Townhouse In Gated Community" which had recent issues. Because creating a duplicate of a listing with reported issues goes against our policies, your listing will be removed from Airbnb on November 12, 2024."

Back story, I had four listings on AirBNB and needed to remove one as I decided not to renew my lease on the property. I contacted AirBNB to have a far out booking cancelled as it would be impossible to host them. Several of my listings are similar and I accidentally deleted the wrong one.  I hosted this particular property on the platform since 2021, it was actually my very first listing and was very popular

I updated some of the furnishings and the decore and I rebuilt the listing from scratch. After doing ALL of the work to relist I received the email above. In my appeal I advised that the listing was the same as the previous and the deletion had been accidental. I would prefer my original listing be reactivated and the re-built listing could be removed. I then recevied the following email. 

-- Original listing ID:***847
- Original listing name: "XX Cool Place"
- Relisted listing ID:1257531291600288538
- Relisted listing name:"Cool Place XX"
Appeal type: Re-listed Listing removal appeal
Appeal status: Closed

Hi Traci,

We’ve reviewed the available information you provided in your appeal, basis of which we can see that your Original Listing is Active {Listing Name} and you can continue to Host on this listing.

If you'd like to re-list your place on Airbnb, simply follow these steps:

On Desktop, select:
Listings > Edit > Listing details > Listing status > Edit

On Mobile, select:
Listing > Edit > To do > Relist

Once there, choose Listed from the dropdown menu.

Remember: Your listing will immediately appear in the search results for potential guests, so it's best to make sure your calendar is up-to-date!

We trust that you will provide exceptional experiences for our guests and adhere to our ground rules for Hosts. You can learn more about the ground rules for Hosts through our Help Center article:

If you'd like to provide feedback on Airbnb's policies or your experience, you can do so any time at:

Regards,
Emiliano

As you can see initially my appeal was accepted and I was told the original listing was active. However, it wasnt showing in my dashboard. I was then told after speaking with "support" that my issue was being escalated to a specific team. After a few days my appeal was subsequently denied with the explanation that my listing violated AirBNB Circumvention Policy with no details about the decision. 

Clearly AirBNB could see that the previous listing and the re-built listing were on the same account and I wasnt trying to deceive the platform. They stated I was trying to avoid previous issues with a few guests. The property has 99% great reviews so the purported issues did not bother me it was simply the risk of doing business. I was told the appeal was closed and there was nothing else I could do. I am consulting with my attorney on the issue as well.

Has anyone made any progress in this type of situation?

0 Replies 0