Listing is being suspended and removed without enough review of appeal request

Answered!
Yong253
Level 2
Edison, NJ

Listing is being suspended and removed without enough review of appeal request

Airbnb sent me email yesterday with title “Your listing has been permanently suspended”. 

Looks like Airbnb suddenly detected my previous tenant’s listing that contained pictures of my house. The listing was not accessible anymore at the time. 

Basically, My tenant used the house for Airbnb from 2023/01 to 2023/08. On 2023/08 we had terminated the lease. After that I and my cohost renovated the house and started a brand new listing which gets nearly all 5 star previews. 

Airbnb confused and thought my current listing is closely related to the previous listing by my former tenant and decided to remove my current listing. Airbnb support could not understand the matter and refused to reactivate my listing.

Top Answer

For my case, to be fair, Airbnb finally reactivated my listing yesterday, about 10 days after my appeal.

I called many times in the beginning 2 days. But that did not actually work, as the case is handled by a specialized team who gets little information from the support team who answers the phone.

I think what helps in my case is a well written explanation email with supporting documents including lease contract, management contract that basically prove my listing is not related to the other listing and I simply cannot use the other listing.

My suggestion for hosts who encounter similar issues is to provide all your supporting documents and explanations in writing in the initial appeal. And wait.

View Top Answer in original post

33 Replies 33

With the new bottom 10% tag a lot of listings are going to restart. They will either try to block this or face chaos as the bottom 10% expands as listings disappear…

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

I believe Airbnb caches everything, even if they delete the listing it still holds the old pics, address etc. One approach if all else fails is to use data protection laws  in some states to force Airbnb to delete everything - although you would need the previous tenant to do the same as well.

Its interesting the Airbnb mail explicitly  can’t relist because previous had bad reviews etc - this suggests that if your listing is heading toward problems (1* review, bottom 10% etc) it’s vital to shut it down and relist before suspension.

airbnb is becoming a very difficult partner to worth with 😞

I had a similar situation happen and I've been trying to get it sorted out for months now! Consider yourself lucky!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Christian4066 I am sorry about this. 

As you have commented on an older thread, can you please share more details about your situation by starting a new conversation with our members? This way, we will get to know more about the issue and may be our members can help with some insights into your situation.

Thank you.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad