Listing not showing up!

Answered!

Listing not showing up!

Hi everyone!

I just joined the hosting community and listed my place yesterday. Every time I check my listing doesn't show up on the search results at all!

Even if I zoom in fully on my area. Why is this happening? Even if I filter to see the dates I set available, it doesn't show up still.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Best Answer
Julie_Mike0
Level 7
Chicago, IL

Hey, it shows up for me! You may need to try on another browser or clear your cache. From another article, "Keep in mind that each guest will see different results when searching based on the preferences they add, their past booking history, and other search criteria." https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/39/what-factors-determine-how-my-listing-appears-in-search-res...

pic.PNG

View Best Answer in original post

110 Replies 110

@Manjunatha0 I do not know why your listing does not appear when you search.

I searched for homes in Mysuru, and your listing appeared as #193 of 253 listings.

That is not very high, and should be higher because you are new. But you do appear.

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 8.20.56 AM.png

Dominique568
Level 1
United States

Hi, I am having the same issue.  My listing doesn't show up at all, even when I specifically mention the very small town that is on the listing.  I went through every listing multiple times, looked at the maps, and nothing.  I didn't have any dates chosen, then the correct dates, and am a long-time Airbnb user, so I don't think this is user error.  I'm not sure how I can get views when the listing won't show up.  I can understand it not showing in a large city due to crowding out, but this is not the case for mine.  (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/26586050?s=51).  Thanks, D

Add us to the list! We're been a super for over a year with over 700 great reviews. But for some reason we stopped showing up in search results. Obviously, our bookings have suffered.

I'd like to know what algorithm/criteria Airbnb is using to determine who's listings are show-up. This informtion should be shared with all Hosts.

In the meantime, I'd recommend doing your own Web site that directs guest searchs to your listing(s).

Rod

Hi DOminque, I'm new to AirBnB and this has happened to me.  Has this matter been resolved?

Well, I've been pulling my hair out for the last 12 - 24 hours because my listings ALSO will not show up!! WTF is going on around here with this company??!!.... hundreds of complaints! Now, that being said, at least I feel a little better knowing it was just not me. Might be time to go back to listing on CraigList. At least the listings show up immediately! 

Iva52
Level 2
Šibenik, Croatia

Hi

Ihave the same problem with listing

i spoke to so many times and messaged  Ms Fatima -the lady who works at Airbnb as customer service  and everytime that we have a conversation she is trying to convince me that my listing she is able to see, but my friends in Europe, USA and me cannot see my listing.

I am not sure what is the problem and what to do anymore

anybody have idea or how to fix this problem as Airbnb obviously wont

thank You

Irene475
Level 2
Cleveland, OH

Hi, I'm in Cleveland, Ohio and I'm having the same issue. I can't find my listings when doing a general search or specific search for what I know is available. We own several small properties and have available rooms in others that we manage for our elderly friends who don't do internet.

We jumped on board Airbnb recently although we've been doing short term rentals for decades through other sites. We have great reviews. I think they don't understand their own algorythms or else they would fix it to keep their host happy.

I also noticed that the  email address that I  had used to log in is suddenly getting tons of spam.

There's very few clients I use this particular email address with. One of them must've been compromised.

Mark-And-Jamie0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

We are superhosts, and we have the same issue.  We usually have to call Airbnb 5 or 6 times, and talk to different custome service people that deny there is an issue, before we talk to someone that actually recognizes the issue and fixes it.  However, they never give us anything specific as to how they fix it.

I have had the same issue and when I contacted Airbnb I just went round and round in circles, and got no definitive answer.  It is honestly so frustrating.  I had my apartmen listed for the busiest weekend of the year in Melbourne and 100% of listings in my area were booked out, so I missed out on $900 of income simply because Airbnb can't manage to get their website to function properly.  Now I have my apartment listed for the Christmas break which is a perfect time to rent it out, and yet again have the same problem.  I feel like it's pointless even trying to contact them.  Is there a rival site we could use?  Surely there is an Airbnb copycat by now, much like there is with Uber with Ola, Taxify etc?  If not, then someone needs to come up with one!

Hello @Natalie441,

I searched for "Entire place" accommodation in St. Kilda East and your listing showed up.

As there are a lot of listings in the area I ahd to centre the map on the area and zoom in a quite a bit.

One thing to make sure of is that the "Search as I move the map" box on the map is checked. Otherwise the listings on the left won't be updates as you move the map or zoom in or out.

You may be aware of them but here are some suggestions from Airbnb on searching.

Your top questions about Airbnb Search - Airbnb Community

Steve.

Screenshot (132).png

Thanks Steve, I did manage to actually get through to someone at Airbnb and it appears to be showing now.

Zviad1
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

hi, also I cant find my friends apartment by the name,  or by zooming in to the area map and filtering all the way. it doesnt show up anwhere. Another friend also tried to search and she couldnt find either. This seems to be unfair. She is a beginner and instead of making it easy for begginers, the site just hides their posts. It says that its listed but we cant find it anywhere. Any help would be highly appriciated. Thanks.

Zviad1
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

hi, also I cant find my friends apartment by the name,  or by zooming in to the area map and filtering all the way. it doesnt show up anwhere. Another friend also tried to search and she couldnt find either. This seems to be unfair. She is a beginner and instead of making it easy for begginers, the site just hides their posts. It says that its listed but we cant find it anywhere. Any help would be highly appriciated. Thanks.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Zviad1

Lots and lots of competition in Tbilisi and searching by name will not work, It is listed and shows when you zoom in. The link below explains searching and why you might not be finding it.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Your-top-questions-about-Airbnb-Search/m-p/509644/highli...

Untitled3.jpg

Zviad1
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia