Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Listing photos

Answered!
Helen2638
Level 1
Loja, Spain

Listing photos

Hello. Since Airbnb have changed the listing categories my cover photo is not the one that shows first in a search. I rent out private rooms with an amazing pool and beautiful views, but now the photo on the listing is of a kitchen, and on the other listing it's of a sofa! Views (and bookings) of my listing are way down on last year and I'm pretty sure this is because  the first photo they see on a search does not have the immediate impact and appeal of my cover photo. I think this is seriously affecting my bookings, but Airbnb have told me I can't change this, and not to worry. Is anyone else finding the same problem, and have you found a solution? I strongly feel that iIshould be able to choose which photo shows first on my listing (what else is the point of choosing a cover photo?). 

Top Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Joan2709 , thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!🌻

Hi @Helen2638 , our member @Laurelle3  and myself had a similar discussion regarding cover photos in a thread here. It would be worth trying to delete the existing cover photo and uploading a new one. One of our member had tried it and was successful in doing so.

You can also refer in that thread, what our member @Stephanie-G0 mentions about cover photos (after she reached out to Support about this issue).

I hope it helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Top Answer in original post

4 Replies 4

Hmm 🤔...I am seeing the same thing. This could be an unintended consequence of the Summer 2023 release and the new "Rooms" feature. An airbnb algorithm may be choosing the photo for you and not allowing you to choose it for Guest searches...definitely a problem.

I would ask Airbnb CS to escalate the problem and refer to the department that is handling issues with the new Release. You could also send a message to one of the Community Managers (Bhumika) to forward your issue to the right area of Airbnb to address it. I have always found them very helpful.

Hope you are able to get this resolved. Don't give up!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Joan2709 , thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!🌻

Hi @Helen2638 , our member @Laurelle3  and myself had a similar discussion regarding cover photos in a thread here. It would be worth trying to delete the existing cover photo and uploading a new one. One of our member had tried it and was successful in doing so.

You can also refer in that thread, what our member @Stephanie-G0 mentions about cover photos (after she reached out to Support about this issue).

I hope it helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Sangeeta8
Level 9
New Delhi, India

Ofcourse you can change the orde of listing photos. Speak to the helpline.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

You are showing a photo of a nice-looking home as an opening one now. What is the cover photo suppose to be? (Make sure to refresh your browser, just in case).