Listing posted but dates not allowing a booking

Angela2756
Level 2
Pinehurst, TX

Listing posted but dates not allowing a booking

I just posted my first listing and chose the available dates.  When I login as a normal user, I choose the dates I set, but it won't let me book.  I go in as my host profile and it give me a message of my calendar updating and checking back in a couple of hours.  Is this why someone can't book yet?

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Angela2756  Not sure what you mean "log in as a normal user".

You have one profile and log-in for your Airbnb account, both as a host and a guest. You can't book your own place.  If you want to see your ad as a guest would, you have to do it in incognito mode, not logged in.  Or get a friend with an account to test it out.

And I don't know when you posted your listing, but it takes at least 24 hrs for it to go live and bookable.

Also your listing is quite incomplete. You only have 5 photos for an entire 2 bedroom home, all you have pictured is the bathroom, a key in a lock and a shot of the top part of a window and the ceiling.  And you haven't described the home at all.

No one would have any idea what is actually on offer here.

Sarah, thanks for the feedback, but the listing is published that way for a reason and will change over time.  Also yes I am trying to book from another computer not through my own.  I'll check again in 24hours as it does show in my profile the position is live and has a green dot, but it may still take time.