Listing removed (experience)

Answered!
Luca3046
Level 2
Palermo, Italy

Listing removed (experience)

Greetings to the community,

I'm a host of experiences in Palermo (Italy), and I am used to run an experience called "The most beautiful Sea Spots" (Le più belle calette segrete).

One week ago, after a super intense summer working season, running this experience kind of everyday since the 25th of May, my listing totally disappeared from the web, as all the chats conversations into the app and any other trace of it. What left is only all the emails and all the reviews but only in my personal profile.

After contacting the assistance, I have been told that the experience was removed because it didn't meet the Airbnb' standards. 

I have been running this experience for 6 years and it was always 5 stars rated from all the guests. 

I am very sad, disappointed, deceived and discouraged since it was like the main activity of my life and I love to run it.

I still want to understand why it has been removed, the specific reasons of the removal.

I don't understand how it can happen like this from a day to an other, without any advise or message or email, nothing, just deleted! 

I don't understand this policy, since canceling a always sold out experience it's also against the airbnb business its self.

I still want to understand if it can be set up back or if I can start the same but from zero as a new experience.

Do someone went trough some similar dynamics?

Please I need some help.

Best regards

@Luca Girgenti

1 Best Answer

Hi Bhumika,

Thank you very much for your interest and for your message, I am glad to have a direct chat with you. I saw many conversations about any type of topics and got that you are a very present community manager,  available for clarifying issues and to follow-up with the host, and I can only thank you for this 🙏🏻

Yes, I host 2 experiences and I love to work into both of them. Yes they can easily get sold out and I am very happy to be able to share my passion for this land, Sicily and Palermo.

Fortunately the airbnb assistance service was able to solve my issues and the experience " The most beautiful sea spots" appeared back and is now available again. 

Glad to be part of the community.

Best regards, 

Luca

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Luca3046 There is something strange going on with Airbnb experiences. They have, without announcing it, stopped taking on new experiences and now it seems they are cancelling old experiences. Until they come clean and explain why I fear we will be guessing as to what has caused this.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Luca3046 ~ I was looking through your profile and noticed that both of your Experiences are live. Did you have more than 2 Experiences? I noticed after viewing your profile that both of them are sold out and the photo gallery in your profile looks amazing! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Bhumika,

Thank you very much for your interest and for your message, I am glad to have a direct chat with you. I saw many conversations about any type of topics and got that you are a very present community manager,  available for clarifying issues and to follow-up with the host, and I can only thank you for this 🙏🏻

Yes, I host 2 experiences and I love to work into both of them. Yes they can easily get sold out and I am very happy to be able to share my passion for this land, Sicily and Palermo.

Fortunately the airbnb assistance service was able to solve my issues and the experience " The most beautiful sea spots" appeared back and is now available again. 

Glad to be part of the community.

Best regards, 

Luca

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thank you so much @Luca3046 for your kind words and for updating us with the progress! All the best and keep in touch!!😍🌻

-----

Hi, I want to do Luca’s experience when I am in Sicily! I cannot find it anywhere! Can a link please be sent to me? Thank you 

Dear @Luca3046,
How was the AirBnB Service able to solve your issue? At what address did you contact them? We are having the same issue. We have received a message from them that several of our experiences will be removed because they "didn't meet their standards". But why now, we have been running these activities for years.
Many thanks in advance,
Svet

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Svetoslav9 , Hosts whose Experiences were removed for quality issues or low ratings may appeal and were provided a link in the initial communications about their removal. Once completed, the form will be reviewed by Airbnb's Experiences team. However, Hosts who had their experience removed due to a policy violation cannot appeal the decision. Hosts will have until 5 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) on June 16, 2024 to submit their appeal. Hope this information helps!

-----