Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

London Listings not Appearing in a London Search

Phil-And-Aquilla0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

London Listings not Appearing in a London Search

I have raised this issue before but still there has been no change. For some time I have been trying to get Airbnb to show my London listings when guests do a London search. At present they are not appearing under a London search even though they are in London. As a result I am not getting seen by 99% of guests who do a London search. The other 1% are guests who do see the listings when they move the map! Then they appear under "map search". Support ambassadors send the issue to the engineers and the same response always comes back that there is no bug in the system. However, I now realize that the issue is not down to a bug. The listings are on the edge of London and the Airbnb map just cuts of the southern tip of London. Thus my listings do not appear under London. I have  suggested to Airbnb that they change the parameters of their map. So far that has not been done. If any community manager reads this then  could you please speak to the engineering team to get the issue resolved! Thanks.

2 Replies 2

That sounds like a frustrating situation, especially since your listings are in London but aren’t showing up in the general search results. Since you’ve already raised the issue with Airbnb support and it appears to be a map parameter issue, continuing to push for a map adjustment might be the best way forward.

In the meantime, here are a few things you can try to increase visibility:

1. Optimize Your Listing Title: Including “London” or specific nearby landmarks/areas in your listing title might help improve visibility when guests search for more localized areas of London.

2. Location Tags: Make sure you’ve added the correct neighborhood tags, or even try adding nearby popular areas in your description to show up in relevant searches.

3. Use Nearby Popular Places: Mention well-known nearby areas in your listing description. This may help guests find your property even if it doesn't appear under broader "London" searches.

Hopefully, Airbnb will address the map issue soon, but these adjustments could help improve your visibility in the meantime.

Best of luck, and I hope this gets resolved quickly!

@Hugo990 , Thanks for the further suggestions.

1) Each of the London listings do state in the SUB-title "Room in London"  and at the moment there's not room in the title itself to fit that in. However it's something worth considering.

2)I have stressed London location and also transport  to the centre in the descriptions. When you mention relevant searches, that would still not solve the problem of guests (the majority) who if coming to London simply do a London search. Guests who are looking for a place in this area and do a search of this area can see my listings.

3)Same applies to your 3rd point.

Latest I have heard from the escalation team (yes, at least it's got that far) after I once again raised the issue with Airbnb was that they were currently investigating the issue and would get back to me with a resolution. Well, going by past experience, I'm not holding my breath!