Managing a long-distance space on a budget

Answered!

Managing a long-distance space on a budget

Hey!  I’m new and just gathering information right now.  The area I want to host in is about 6 hours from me, but I won’t have a ton of capital to start with.  Any tips or ideas on managing the space from that distance? And how often should I visit in person to check on things? 

Top Answer
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your cleaning and cohosting fee can be accounted for under your day rate @Emily1970  so aren't an up front cost .

your up front costs will be around setting up your property to a standard that you can successfully let it out .

look at similar local properties to get a feel fit the sort of amenities the sort of guests you want to target will want. 

View Top Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your cleaning and cohosting fee can be accounted for under your day rate @Emily1970  so aren't an up front cost .

your up front costs will be around setting up your property to a standard that you can successfully let it out .

look at similar local properties to get a feel fit the sort of amenities the sort of guests you want to target will want. 

Apart from purchase costs, about how much should I have on hand to furnish and decorate?  It's a 1/1 beach condo.  Many come furnished, though not all are updated.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Emily1970 Managing on a budget? Use Facebook Marketplace 

Managing from a distance? You need a reliable cleaner/co host/handy(wo)man