More Calendar Glitches

Teresa--Terri-0
Level 4
Kennewick, WA

More Calendar Glitches

Anyone else having this problem? I talked to CS a few hours ago and it is still an issue.

On a whim I checked my listing in an incognito window this afternoon. I had been making a number of calendar adjustments in the past few days and I wanted to make sure guests could see what I had done.

Dates I have blocked are fine in the home page view.

I went to check availability and put a date in the Check-in Field. No problem.
Then went to add a check-out date. ALL if the available dates have been blocked.
I called Airbnb and was told “This is a known problem. We are working on it.” No timeline for resolution. She stated multiple people have called with the same issue.

sigh

Wondering if others are experiencing this…I forgot to ask if it was company wide or regional. CS agent said I would be notified when it got fied...

singing "Welcome to the Hotel California…you can check in anytime you want but you can never leave…" 

5 Replies 5
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Teresa--Terri-0 

I'm so sorry to hear about this.

Have you managed to sort things out or could you still use some help?

Let us know.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

It is still very frustrating. There have been some "improvements?" though...depending on what date a guest tries to book. In some cases the only checkout date allowed is the next day, in other cases it is a 4 day window, some it is a 3 week window.

I had another chat with CS who again stated it is a known glitch and I am on the list. She also said it could take a week or two to resolve and I should call back after a couple of weeks if it is still a problem. At least the CS agent took the time to review all of my settings with me, go to an incognito window and see the issue first hand, and express what sounded like genuine regret this is happening and an understanding of the impact on my business. She acknowledged it was on their end and not something I had done wrong.  The first two CS reps sounded like they were reading from a phony script - overly solicitous with platitudes and a "just don't worry" spiel.  

I have had one booking for March. March is traditionally one of our busiest months. 

I have been an advocate for Airbnb in my community, have informally mentored new hosts (one only a block from me), and have always been enthusiastic about my role as a  host. It is hard to maintain a positive attitude when feeling like I am not getting support as a host and my business is nonexistent.  Fortunately, this is not my main income stream, however, that does not make it less frustrating.

I spoke too soon - based on checking last night. I just check this morning and it appears to be fixed! Fingers crossed!!!

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Oh that's great @Teresa--Terri-0 - I hope everything's still working as expected!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

It appears to be working! We have had 2 bookings last week and have one coming up on Friday...still way behind the usual but am glad it is fixed.