More support for sauna filter?

Robert5835
Level 3
Alexandria, VA

More support for sauna filter?

We have a sauna in our Airbnb (basement unit in our house) and I notice it gets great response from both sauna seekers, and those who didn't use it but liked knowing it was there. 20-30% of reviews actively call it out.  Seems to have both direct and halo effects.  Even if you didn't come for that or go in, it casts a getaway light over the whole of your take on the place. 

Makes me wonder why no filter?  I see that there was a thread on that a few years ago here, and sounded like no receptive ears at the mothership.  Seems very similar to something like a hot tub filter.  And judging by the response we get anyway, there are plenty out there who want it. Not to mention how sauna appears to keep growing in popularity, get discussed more in media, etc.  We LOVE ours, on the rare instance where we get to use it when the Airbnb isn't rented.  

Any thoughts on sauna as guest-attracter?  Either from hosts who have one, or those who don't but may have thought about it?  And/or any ideas about to take up the sauna filter cause with the HQ crowd anew?  

P.s. we have an outdoor ice bath too (100 gallon stock tank, think horse trough) but that's not available to guests and while I love it, I suspect would not be near so popular with guests:-).  

Emilie_1-1644926595793.jpeg

28 Replies 28
Kirsten266
Level 10
Heemskerk, Netherlands

@Robert5835 My husband would love the icebath! He also wants one at home.

So if possible, I would share it with your guests. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Yes, if you can filter for an iron, you should be able to filter for a sauna, no idea why this doesn't already exist, even if there are far fewer places with a sauna than a pool, it is still a luxury amenity that should be easy for hosts to showcase.

Peter3397
Level 2
Drøbak, Norway

We have a cabin in the woods with a sauna. This is one of the main attractions with the place! When you can filter for "Iron" or "Place to hang your clothes" why not a SAUNA!!???

Jamie906
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

There are other threads from years ago asking for this. It could easily be done if Airbnb cared to do so.

Robert5835
Level 3
Alexandria, VA

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 9.07.45 AM.png

One more log for the fire.  We get these kind of comments pretty regularly.  I suspect we'd get a lot more if there were a way for people who want to sauna to find us more easily. 

I just don't know how you get this on the mother ship's radar?

I have finally found "badstue" which is the name for "sauna" in norwegian, under "Parking and facilities"! Do you find it?

But I guess thats not a search filter...

I don't see sauna on the filters list anywhere yet here in the states.  Ever hopeful. 

Badstue... thanks for the new word addition!

Yea. A place for Bad- stud's/people 🙂

We've got a whole new redesign full of ridiculous categories (most exciting change in a decade, lol!) but still no sauna filter... 

Natty15
Level 1
Asheville, NC

ADD THE SAUNA FILTER

Laurens19
Level 1
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Add the Sauna filter in please! 

Mark4734
Level 2
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

As a person who uses Airbnb to rent places when on holiday I actively have to browse all the photo's of sometimes 100 adverts to see (yes, looking for it on photo's!!)  if there is a sauna! Sometimes after all the work, there is none to be found OR I maybe missed it. End result ---> I go to Booking.com, I filter wellness/sauna and book an apartment or hotel via Booking.com. This is ridiculous.

Thanks for sharing.  Maybe stories like yours that are both about customer experience AND Airbnb specifically losing business to a competitor will provide some sort of spark.  

Sauna tourism is a real thing, and no reason Airbnb shouldn't be making its huge inventory accessible to those folks.  
R

Rora317
Level 2
New York, NY

follow the steps in this site to find all amenities filters:

https://www.breakinto.tech/blog/2022/8/13/how-to-filter-for-any-amenity-on-airbnb

or just add 

&amenities%5B%5D=223 at the end your Airbnb search url for saunas