My listing is not showing up when doing a search under Lakefront.

Answered!

My listing is not showing up when doing a search under Lakefront.

Which is a problem as there are lots of rooms available in town and no reason for anyone to look at mine as it's more expensive. Mine would be booked quickly if (as it was in the past) if people could see it in a search for Lakefront property. The property is right on the lake and I have always had five star ratings.  I only activate it in the summertime and it has always had lots of bookings previously.  Now though it doesn't come up unless you do a general search and I haven't had one booking for this season. I have spoken to customer service three times now and each one has said they will have Tech fix the problem. It's been months now and it still hasn't been resolved.  

My son suggested I cancel the listing and start again as a "new" listing to solve the problem myself.  I'm not sure that wouldn't create more problems? Plus, I would lose my superhost status and all my five star reviews.

1 Best Answer
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Carrie438 

I actually found your listing on the first page of the new "rooms" category not "lakefront" category.  As it's a shared listing this is where Airbnb is now putting all the listings with a photo of your profil within the first picture of your place so that guests can see who they will be sharing with.

The lakefront category seems reserved for whole listings.

So try looking in the "rooms" category and hopefully you'll see your listing featuring on or near the first page!

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Carrie438 

I actually found your listing on the first page of the new "rooms" category not "lakefront" category.  As it's a shared listing this is where Airbnb is now putting all the listings with a photo of your profil within the first picture of your place so that guests can see who they will be sharing with.

The lakefront category seems reserved for whole listings.

So try looking in the "rooms" category and hopefully you'll see your listing featuring on or near the first page!

All the best

Joëlle

I know it comes up in a General Search and in a search for Private Rooms. If it doesn't come up in a search for Lakefront (which it is) then I might as well cancel the listing, which is a shame as it was quite popular until now.

I just ran into same problem, mine isn't showing with waterfront filter on. I relisted after being unlisted for many yers. I just posted in less than 24 h, maybe this will start showing soon.