My listing is showing as an apartment instead of a condo/timeshare

Answered!
Wayne556
Level 1
Poway, CA

My listing is showing as an apartment instead of a condo/timeshare

How do I make my listing show as a condo or timeshare? It is currently showing as an apartment. Is that appropriate for a timeshare?

1 Best Answer

Hi @Wayne556,

Hope you are well! Changing your property type from an apartment to a condo or timeshare on Airbnb can be somewhat challenging, as Airbnb's categorization system may not have specific options for timeshares. But it is possible to change your Airbnb listing from an apartment to a condo, you can follow these steps:

1. On your Listing Details, navigate to Property Type Section.

2. Select the Appropriate Property Type: Choose the option that best describes your place. This might include options like 'apartment', 'house', 'condo', etc.​

3. Provide Additional Details: After selecting the main property type, you may need to provide more specific details from a second drop-down menu. This could include specifying whether the property is an entire place, a private room, or a shared room​. Once done, hit Save. 

I hope this helps! 😊

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi @Wayne556,

Hope you are well! Changing your property type from an apartment to a condo or timeshare on Airbnb can be somewhat challenging, as Airbnb's categorization system may not have specific options for timeshares. But it is possible to change your Airbnb listing from an apartment to a condo, you can follow these steps:

1. On your Listing Details, navigate to Property Type Section.

2. Select the Appropriate Property Type: Choose the option that best describes your place. This might include options like 'apartment', 'house', 'condo', etc.​

3. Provide Additional Details: After selecting the main property type, you may need to provide more specific details from a second drop-down menu. This could include specifying whether the property is an entire place, a private room, or a shared room​. Once done, hit Save. 

I hope this helps! 😊

@Alicia753 What is most appropriate property type if I am listing my timeshare unit for rent?

Hi @Wayne556! I recommend trying condo as your property type and you may observe if Airbnb will notify you to change it. I hope this helps! Have a great day!