My property isn't showing up when I search the area and days available

Answered!
Grace1065
Level 2
Damascus, MD

My property isn't showing up when I search the area and days available

Can anyone tell me why my property isn't showing up in the area where it is, when I search days where it's available?

Thanks,

Grace

1 Best Answer

Hello @Grace1065 

I did a private search for your property for 10 guests and your property did not come up in the 15 pages.  Competition is tough for your area!  

I did a second search and put in 14 guests and then you came up on page 3.  Yipee!

What I did notice with this search was that most of the properties showed a picture of the outside of the house and the grounds.  Your listing doesn't have one so it may be something you could add?

Have you looked to see how many views you are receiving for this property in the "Information" section?  Keep a note of the views per month or per week and see how you progress over time.

I hope things pick up for you but there seem to be a lot of properties in the same search area as you unfortunately 

All the best

Joëlle

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Grace1065 

You have two properties under your profile - which one is not appearing in searches?

Mommom's Beach Cottage.  Thanks

Hello @Grace1065 

I did a private search for your property for 10 guests and your property did not come up in the 15 pages.  Competition is tough for your area!  

I did a second search and put in 14 guests and then you came up on page 3.  Yipee!

What I did notice with this search was that most of the properties showed a picture of the outside of the house and the grounds.  Your listing doesn't have one so it may be something you could add?

Have you looked to see how many views you are receiving for this property in the "Information" section?  Keep a note of the views per month or per week and see how you progress over time.

I hope things pick up for you but there seem to be a lot of properties in the same search area as you unfortunately 

All the best

Joëlle

@Joelle43 Thanks for your time and suggestions.  However, we do have photos of the outside space and the grounds around the property.  But I have not checked the information section.  Where do I find that?  Thanks so much!

Grace

Hello @Grace1065 

You have pictures of the patio and other areas but I can't see a picture of the whole house in the way that other hosts in your area have pictured their house and this picture is often the very first one they show.

If you want to see how many people have viewed your property, you need to go to:

==>Insights

==>Conversion

==>Views - there is a calendar where you can enter specific dates to see which dates guests have searched for.  I always note these down and can then compare week to week or month to month to see if there has been an increase in views or not.

==>Wishlist - you can see how many have put your property in their wishlist but bear in mind that if you put dates in the future, you will zero come up as the data shows the period when it was added and doesn't reflect the actual search period.

Joëlle

Thanks!  I had many photos of the exterior of the house but someone suggested that because it was an end unit, it would make it super easy for people to find it without booking, and decided it may be a good idea to remove them.  Probably something I don't need to worry about?

I do so appreciate all your input!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Grace1065 

As Joelle mentioned, please let us know which specific property you're referring to. Sharing the link might make it easier for our hosts to come forward and share their opinions.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

https://airbnb.com/h/mommomsbeachcottage

Thanks for any insights on this!