Need to attract first guests, advice please

Joy1717
Level 2
Geographe, Australia

Need to attract first guests, advice please

Please review my listing and offer any suggestions on how to improve it.

We are waiting for some blue sky days to add more outdoor photos and beach views.

We have future bookings, but I am keen to get some early ones so that we have reviews before the busy Christmas/Summer period.

We are coastal Western Australia.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2
Marie8425
Top Contributor
Buckeye, AZ

@Joy1717 

Everything looks beautiful but I would turn on the Airbnb  New Host Discount ro help get reviews.

Karen4131
Top Contributor
Malmö, Sweden

Hi @Joy1717 

Lovely place, beautiful view, wonderful "surprise," and charming with your outdoor bathtub. I agree with you that you should have photos taken in clear weather. I would also make sure to take pictures with plenty of light indoors or lighten the photos you already have in an editing program like Photoshop to give them that real estate vibe and quality. - It works!

But first and foremost, I think it's important that you choose the right cover photo. In the one you have now, you can't see the view, and it doesn't convey how lovely the location really is. I would go with this photo: 

Karen4131_1-1723707222736.jpeg

Followed by this on a sunny day:

Karen4131_0-1723707173064.jpeg

It's also important to arrange your photos so that the 5 best ones appear as the first 5 in your photo list, as it is those photos Airbnb displays at the top of your listing on a PC. So they need to be attractive. You can do this by clicking on "All Photos" under your listing,

Karen4131_2-1723707347086.png

I would also suggest getting a close-up photo of the bathtub filled with water on a sunny day to capture the clear light reflecting off the water. Then, place it among the first 5 photos. Water always attracts clicks.

In addition to Airbnb ranking your listing based on guest reviews, they also highlight listings with eye-catching photos that make many potential guests or users interact with your listing as they scroll through the many options. Here, it's important to pique people's curiosity, and a bathtub photo would help you stand out.

Just some suggestions. I hope they can be useful.

Best regards,
Karen