New Host in Omaha area - College World Series - Special Pricing

Answered!
James3887
Level 2
Papillion, NE

New Host in Omaha area - College World Series - Special Pricing

I'm a new airbnb host and loving it so far.   We have a 3BR house with large game room / basement that has been well-received by guests in our first three months.

With the College World Series coming to town June 14-23, I'm wondering how I should think about pricing and reservations.  Should I just let "dynamic pricing" handle it?  (I'm inclined toward 'no') or should I set up a custom trip length?  

If this topic is covered someplace else, please feel free to redirect me.  I spent quite a bit of time searching for it before posting, but didn't find much advice. 

airbnb.com/h/onthemarkfamily room from window.JPG

Top Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@James3887  Dynamic pricing isn't going to know that there is an event in your town.  All it does (IMO) is measure the number of rentals that occur in your area and with your size of property and then make adjustments if you haven't been rented yet.

Decide what premium you want to put on your property for special events and add it well in advance of the event.  Add your required nights -- i.e., plus one either side of the event dates or inclusive of a leading or following weekend.   The more days the guest must rent for should prevent you from getting the partiers.

View Top Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@James3887  Dynamic pricing isn't going to know that there is an event in your town.  All it does (IMO) is measure the number of rentals that occur in your area and with your size of property and then make adjustments if you haven't been rented yet.

Decide what premium you want to put on your property for special events and add it well in advance of the event.  Add your required nights -- i.e., plus one either side of the event dates or inclusive of a leading or following weekend.   The more days the guest must rent for should prevent you from getting the partiers.