New host questions

Answered!

New host questions

New host here, and I need some help with a couple things.

How do you deal with an alarm? My place has an alarm and I don't want to give out the code to guests, nor do I want to change the code after every booking. If you have an alarm on your place how do you handle it? Would it be okay to simply disable the alarm when a guest is staying and have them just use a key? 

How do you know how much to pay your cleaner? Is it by the number of rooms, the length of stay? A flat rate per stay? 

Any help/advice will be appreciated!

1 Best Answer

Hi @Cristin3081 

Welcome!

I would also consider a smart lock for the door rather than a key. Lots of posts here about guests not returning keys or loosing them. A smart lock (I believe) is more secure and allows your to change the code for each guest. It also enables you to control when the guest enters and departs (code will automatically not work before check-in or after checkout). You also get notifications on your phone when anyone enters/exits. Codes can be changed from your phone with the app.  I would choose one that has a key backup just in case (store the backup key in a lockbox). Here are some that other guests recommend:

Schalge Encode

Kwikset Halo

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. `Disable the alarm

2. Approach three or four local cleaners they will charge by the property

Hi @Cristin3081 

Welcome!

I would also consider a smart lock for the door rather than a key. Lots of posts here about guests not returning keys or loosing them. A smart lock (I believe) is more secure and allows your to change the code for each guest. It also enables you to control when the guest enters and departs (code will automatically not work before check-in or after checkout). You also get notifications on your phone when anyone enters/exits. Codes can be changed from your phone with the app.  I would choose one that has a key backup just in case (store the backup key in a lockbox). Here are some that other guests recommend:

Schalge Encode

Kwikset Halo