New to the space

Answered!
Cheryl1001
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

New to the space

Hello Everyone, new to the space.  I do have professional pictures coming, however, would love feedback on my listings to make it better if needed. TIA

1 Best Answer

Hello @Cheryl1001 l!

What a beautiful home you have, and you did a great job on your listing!  I too just started listing, about a year ago, and I am constantly making small changes to my home description and photos. It takes a few (more than a few) tries to get it where you like it.  

I have a few ideas: 

I think you did a really nice job with your photos! I suggest that your first photo be a picture of a wide shot of the outside of the house.  You have one photo that shows the house but mainly the side yard, show off your home!  The rest of your photos work, I too agree with others ideas,  post some photos of the other bedrooms when you can. 

Just a personal note on "setting the rooms", I would suggest rolling up the hand towels and placing them next to the sinks in the bathroom, instead of draping them over the edge of the sink.  Rolling them gives the impression (which I am sure they are), that the towels are clean and haven't been used.  When I saw them draped I thought, "did someone just wash their hands, and now the towel is drying?".

With your listing description, I suggest breaking things apart so it doesn't read as one big paragraph. It makes things easier to digest.

I would start your description with something like, "a beautiful home in a quiet residential neighborhood,  X miles West of Atlanta", instead of the proximity to the hospital.  (unless you are trying to attract guest who need a place to stay while someone is in the hospital).   Detail the house, and then the quiet neighborhood, and then near by attractions "an ideal place to stay with close proximity to XYZ". 

With the bathroom for the primary bedroom, I would state that it's "en-suite" and if other bathrooms are "en-suite".

Again, you did a wonderful job! Wishing you all the best with your new adventure!

John 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What makes your listing a 'respite for mind , souls and body ' that you describe in your title? @Cheryl1001 

no mention in your listing of what's available locally ?

no mention of what sort of guests it's suitable for and why?

no really description of amenities available in the property

host profile not completed 

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Cheryl1001 Lovely place, however, some suggestions:

1. Reduce number of guests to 6 because dining table only has chairs for 6 and living room only has seating for 6. 
2. Post pictures of other 3 bedrooms. 
3. Post pictures of other bathroom and half bath. 
4. I can’t tell. Do you have enough plates, glasses, cutlery, pots&pans. 
5. Show pictures of outside the house, especially if there’s a garden, a patio, trees, etc. 

And, I agree with @Helen3.  What makes your place a respite for body, soul and mind?

Thanks Gwen.  I am awaiting professional pictures but can add the additional suggested pictures in the meantime.  Great suggestion on the "6".  Yes I actually have enough plates, cutlery for 12. 

Hello @Cheryl1001 l!

What a beautiful home you have, and you did a great job on your listing!  I too just started listing, about a year ago, and I am constantly making small changes to my home description and photos. It takes a few (more than a few) tries to get it where you like it.  

I have a few ideas: 

I think you did a really nice job with your photos! I suggest that your first photo be a picture of a wide shot of the outside of the house.  You have one photo that shows the house but mainly the side yard, show off your home!  The rest of your photos work, I too agree with others ideas,  post some photos of the other bedrooms when you can. 

Just a personal note on "setting the rooms", I would suggest rolling up the hand towels and placing them next to the sinks in the bathroom, instead of draping them over the edge of the sink.  Rolling them gives the impression (which I am sure they are), that the towels are clean and haven't been used.  When I saw them draped I thought, "did someone just wash their hands, and now the towel is drying?".

With your listing description, I suggest breaking things apart so it doesn't read as one big paragraph. It makes things easier to digest.

I would start your description with something like, "a beautiful home in a quiet residential neighborhood,  X miles West of Atlanta", instead of the proximity to the hospital.  (unless you are trying to attract guest who need a place to stay while someone is in the hospital).   Detail the house, and then the quiet neighborhood, and then near by attractions "an ideal place to stay with close proximity to XYZ". 

With the bathroom for the primary bedroom, I would state that it's "en-suite" and if other bathrooms are "en-suite".

Again, you did a wonderful job! Wishing you all the best with your new adventure!

John