Nightly rate adjustment airbnb

Answered!
I-Gede-Sanat1
Level 2
Gianyar, Indonesia

Nightly rate adjustment airbnb

Airbnb should warns upfront in regard 'nightly rate adjustment'. This is without host consent, breaking the terms and conditions, it appeared on payouts host with deduction of 20% - this is ridiculous!

Turns out that without the permission of hosts, they are reducing the price of new listings by 20%. I requested an adjustment to payout to reflect my minimum price, but they refused. This is a pretty shocking violation of their own terms of service, and in some areas is probably illegal. Are other hosts are interesting in connecting to discuss legal action -- possibly a class-action suit.

Please carry on and join this thread and make happen of class action suit.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@I-Gede-Sanat1 when you set up your listing one of the options would have been to give the first3 customers a discount. If you didn't say no to this you effectively agreed to it I am afraid.

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@I-Gede-Sanat1 when you set up your listing one of the options would have been to give the first3 customers a discount. If you didn't say no to this you effectively agreed to it I am afraid.

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 , I am also getting this nightly rate adjustment and I remember i agreed for a discount to first three customers. But I see that this adjustment is happening for all my booking irrespective of if it is first three booking or not. Happy to learn more about this.

Turn off 20% discount on the calendar unless otherwise it carries on again and again.  

Hi @I-Gede-Sanat1 , Thanks for your help. By 20% you mean monthly or weekly discount.

@Varun-Raj0 I can see that you have a 5% weekly discount and an option for people to make their booking non-refundable which gives them a 10% discount. Both of these can be removed in the pricing and availability section of your listing.

Hi @Mike-And-Jane0 - Thanks for your help. I have adjusted the weekly discount, but I am not able to see option for people to make their booking non-refundable. Where should I change it.

@Varun-Raj0 You need to go to the policies and rules tab and then edit your cancellation policy. If you choose an option that includes 'non refundable' then you are giving a 10% discount if people choose this option.

Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 , I was able to correct it now.

We found that when it shows a nightly adjustment it is because the person chose the "non-refundable" option. That is fine with me, because it guarantees us income regardless of whether they still come or not. 

No, so the nightly rate adjustment is -10% and then on the other line they show a “non-refundable option” which takes ANOTHER 10%. So they took a total of 20% from me

Yes, I just noticed that.  Even with the responses of saying no to discounts, that was not explained about this adjustment.  It is misleading.  Happy to be part of a resolution.