Noticed Pet Friendly no longer a selectable item when searching

Answered!
April403
Level 3
Effingham, IL

Noticed Pet Friendly no longer a selectable item when searching

I am a pet friendly host and believe I get more bookings because of it.  I noticed since the recent announcement that AirBNB will start allowing pet fees it's now no longer a searchable / selectable item?  Anyone else notice this?  Believe it used to be next to smoking allowed checkbox which I DO NOT allow.

1 Best Answer
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Graham426 @Michael-James1 As @April403 mentioned, the option to find listings that accept pets is still available - if you start a search, you should be able to see something like this. Let us know if you don't!

Screenshot 2022-04-29 at 09.28.38.png

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

65 Replies 65
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@April403  I can still filter my search for "pets allowed"... it is under FILTERS, scroll down to HOUSE RULES and there is "pets allowed" and "smoking allowed" and nothing else.

What I find surprising is that there is no "kids - friendly" filter so I often get requests and inquiries from families and have to decline them. It must be very frustrating for guests. I don't know why my listing appears in their search when they clearly select 2 adults + 1 child ?

But it may be different in your area, platform is not the same everywhere.

That is wrong.

I'm no longer seeing that as an option. I'm a host and a frequent guest- sometimes traveling with my dogs and I can't filter based on pet friendly any longer

Under filters I do not see house rules...

How DARE those people have children!

🤬🤬🤬

Noop this no longer available, it was taken out without notice

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Angel6391 As I mentioned further up, it is still possible to search for pet-friendly listing - it's part of the search criteria you set as you can see in the screenshot below. 🙂

Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 08.57.22.png

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Michelle2867
Level 5
Greenville, NC

I agree! I have been less inclined to use Air BnB since they took down the Pet friendly option. It makes it very tedious to search pet friendly and I have looked elsewhere for some stays over the past 2 months. Please fix or adjust! Kindly, Michelle

Also agreed, and liked your post.  Airbnb needs to see that they're alienating a large segment of their customer base with this ridiculous decision.  Allowing us to filter for pet-friendly saves both hosts AND guests time.  Any company that wantonly wastes their paying customer's time is begging for a competitor to move in and take advantage of the vulnerability.  Airbnb is not the only proverbial game in town, and if they continue making these kinds of missteps they will continue to see their market share decline and simultaneously see their competitors rise.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Rob9120

I don't know if you saw my response further up - guests can find pet-friendly listings by adding a number of pets to their search, in the same way they add a number of guests: 

Screenshot 2022-05-19 at 08.56.22.png 

I hope this helps 🙂

Emilie

-----

Where does airbnb ever ask for the number of guests?
I only get to enter ‘where’ and ‘type.’

So……..no ability to find pet friendly options.

i just booked a pet friendly hotel.  

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Julie4596 I've taken a wider screenshot than in my previous response, hopefully the extra context helps! It's one of the search fields you can fill in when searching for a listing: 

Screenshot 2022-05-31 at 12.39.32.png

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

THAT IS FOR SERVICE ANIMAL

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jacqueline1162

I can confirm it is for pets you are bringing, and meant for you to be able to find pet-friendly listings. If you click on the mention "Bringing a service animal?" under it, it opens up more information on that particular situation: 

Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 08.25.42.png 

I hope this helps 🙂

Emilie

-----