PET FEES NEED TO BE CORRECTED!!

JoAnn-And-Derek0
Level 3
Lexington, KY

PET FEES NEED TO BE CORRECTED!!

What is wrong with Airbnb’s pet fee!!

Surely it can’t be difficult to charge the fee per night, like you can for an extra guest!  AND only one fee no matter how many pets they bring!!  
I can set the fee for $10, and thats what they’ll charge no matter how long the guests stay or how many pets they have!  There’s a big difference from a pet staying one night or one week, also one pet as opposed to 3-4 pets cause much more cleaning.  
PLEASE @Airbnb FIX THIS!!

6 Replies 6
Sangeeta8
Level 9
New Delhi, India

Very good point. Thanks. My last long term stay guests said they had one and they came with two .Had to change all vertical blinds as they chewed the ends. You bet, guests said,. Never, not our babies 😞

Dawn241
Level 10
Sierra Vista, AZ

I agree. I recently allowed pets and was surprised to see it’s per visit not per night or per pet which for us could mean 2-28 nights and 1-3 pets. 

Carla23
Level 2
Boulder, CO

ITA. Did you ask Airbnb?

Yes!  Several times over the last few years. They told me it’s been upgraded, and that they will work on it, but nothing has been done.

I came here for this reason hoping to find an answer. It's not right to charge the same fee for 1 small dog for 2 nights and 4 big dogs for 2 weeks! I hope this can be rectified soon because we are getting more bookings with pets!

Sonya193
Level 1
Vista, CA

Add me to the list of advocates.  I dont want to have to change my policy but recently have had guests bringing 4-5 pets.  It takes my cleaning service 2 days to clean up after them. I'll never be profitable this way.  Pet fees per pet and per duration (night or week, idc), please.