Please critique our listing ๐Ÿ˜Š

Answered!
Wendy1532
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Please critique our listing ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi Everyone,

We are new to the platform. I think weโ€™re off to a pretty good start but if we need to change something to attract more guests, we would greatly appreciate the feedback. Please take a look! 
Thank you,

Wendy

https://abnb.me/qYlzAyXTuyb

1 Best Answer
Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Wendy1532 You have no written description of your property. The only thing I see is two notes saying "1 Full sofa bed and 2 pull out beds." What's that about? It's almost like giving anyone booking permission to cram a few unregistered guests onto their reservation. 

The written description is where you describe the flow of the house, where the bathrooms are relative to the bedrooms, you reiterate any house rules you want to emphasize (not in great detail, just bullet points.) Describe in general some of your amenities, and why your target market might want to book, as in proximity to a certain attraction or perhaps a hospital, if they're in town for medical care. Your back porch looks amazing! Describe how great it is to hang out back there. You get the idea? Look at some other listings to be your guide. Guests don't read, and they certainly don't poke around in the well-hidden areas about house rules and safety. This description area is the place to put it out there front and center. 

Also, expand on your photo captions a bit. Say what size the beds in the bedroom are. 

You also have quiet hours from 3:00 am to 6:00 am? That's weird. If my guests were making noise at 2:00 am, I'd be pissed. You would have no right to say anything because your quiet hours are 3-6:00 am. I imagine there are neighbors.....

Good luck with your listing, which looks very nice overall. Kia

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Nice flat indeed.

1. Love to see an outdoor picture of the house/condo/ ?. first. The first 5 pictures should be the real grabber, so the visitor plunges further.

2. Also 3 bedrooms/ 3 beds/ 2 bathrooms...perfect for ...hmmm... 6! You can always allow more based on group composition (i.e. family with grandparents in tow etc) after request. Gives you more flexibility.

3. Price: $395 may look cooler. $383 makes me think it came from the Geek Squad at  Blockbusters (or Airbnb computer, same thing). ๐Ÿ™‚

Good luck and again looking good.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Wendy1532 You have no written description of your property. The only thing I see is two notes saying "1 Full sofa bed and 2 pull out beds." What's that about? It's almost like giving anyone booking permission to cram a few unregistered guests onto their reservation. 

The written description is where you describe the flow of the house, where the bathrooms are relative to the bedrooms, you reiterate any house rules you want to emphasize (not in great detail, just bullet points.) Describe in general some of your amenities, and why your target market might want to book, as in proximity to a certain attraction or perhaps a hospital, if they're in town for medical care. Your back porch looks amazing! Describe how great it is to hang out back there. You get the idea? Look at some other listings to be your guide. Guests don't read, and they certainly don't poke around in the well-hidden areas about house rules and safety. This description area is the place to put it out there front and center. 

Also, expand on your photo captions a bit. Say what size the beds in the bedroom are. 

You also have quiet hours from 3:00 am to 6:00 am? That's weird. If my guests were making noise at 2:00 am, I'd be pissed. You would have no right to say anything because your quiet hours are 3-6:00 am. I imagine there are neighbors.....

Good luck with your listing, which looks very nice overall. Kia