Preventing weekend to weekend bookings

Preventing weekend to weekend bookings

How you prevent "Friday check in - stay the week - Monday Check out" bookings? (cream of two weekends gone)

I can't come up with sound "no checkins/checkouts on certain days" strategy 

15 Replies 15
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have a look at the Airbnb Help Website - lots of useful FAQs around running your Airbnb including how you can set rules for your calendar. @David8879 

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

I don’t understand the issue. Can’t you just price the weekends to be more “creamy”?

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@David8879 

Are you using Smart Pricing?  If so, maybe you want to turn it off if it doesn't suit your needs and set your own rates manually.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@David8879 Someone's paying to stay at your property. Why does it matter what days? I can't imagine two "creamy" weekends making up for a long stay like that. Besides, there's no turnover and no cleaning. Don't let the almighty dollar rule your life. 

Let me try again

Someone books 

check in Fr Aug 5th 

check out Mon 15th

next guest books:

check in Fri 19th

check out 29th

Do you think anyone would be interested in weekdays from 15th to 19th? That is a loss of revenue right there

If you still do not see the problem ....well...

@David8879  Well, golly gee. I guess I'm a little bit slow. That was a real complicated scenario. I ain't sure I can process that. 

But, I'm thinkin' that the only real problem here is an unrealistic expectation that your AirBnB will be booked 24/7/365.

"firstly to compensate for lost revenue in the "leftover days" no normal tourist will be interested in I have to jack up weekend price by at least 100%."

And I'm also thinkin' that the other problem here might be one of the 7 deadly sins, which I believe is GREED. 

But what would little old me know........I'm headed back to my job as the village idiot. They sure did miss me! 

Exactly😂

@M199 no way! no "smart" pricing. No instant book. not giving up control of my property to anyone or anything 🙂

@Pat271 firstly to compensate for lost revenue in the "leftover days" no normal tourist will be interested in I have to jack up weekend price by at least 100%.

I do not want to milk people who will book one week to compensate for smarty pa\nts who will book weekend to weekend inclusive 

Thanks G-d for the "mute" option

Spoke too fast - that does not work LOL

Wendy117
Level 10
Bexley, Australia

@David8879  if your property is in an area where week day bookings are rare all i can suggest is to set your maximum number of nights to 7.

I myself would hate to do that as i would miss out on lovely long bookings as @Kia272  says, a long booking is a lot less work. But then in my area there are people arriving for stays any day of the week so i do get week day bookings.  I have a 4 day minimum set.

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

You can limit the maximum stay, but really, I can't see any issue here. If you are in a tourist area , two weekends will be a pretty normal reservation.

Be careful with the calendar and limitations if your target is to have more returning guests.

@Wendy117 setting days to 7 does not solve it

@Kia272 firstly - not helpful, secondly - quite offensive, thirdly - if you start any business without goal to maximize profits - you should not be in business. With all due respect

Overall folks - don't tell me that something can't be done, that adds no value to discussion - tell me how to get it done.

@David8879  Good luck David in getting someone to 'tell you how to get it done'. 

If the issue was "How you prevent "Friday check in - stay the week - Monday Check out" bookings?  =  10 days which was all your initial question asked then obviously if you limit to 7 days you wont get anyone taking 2 weekends -  @Dimitar27  also suggested the solution was to limit the maximum stay.  

Try to be a bit nicer to fellow hosts who are trying to help.  

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

I’ve got to say @David8879  i don’t get the question. So, what do you WANT guests to book?