Profile need to be transparent before accepting reservations

Fred185
Level 2
Windsor, CA

Profile need to be transparent before accepting reservations

With Corona virus,  I feel guests profile should be open before accepting reservations,  host should have better screening options before having to approve reguest   

All I got time to type write now., but I think host understand where I am coming from.  

Enjoy your day 

5 Replies 5

@Fred185  I don't see how anything in a guest profile could possibly provide a host with sufficient data for an educated risk assessment re: Coronavirus.

You should assume that everyone you encounter is a possible carrier. If this puts you at more risk as a host than you can accept, the only thing you can do is pause your listing until circumstances change.  And anyway, the situation is changing so much from day to day that anyone who books in the near future is very likely to cancel.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

No one is going to post a profile photo of themselves coughing, @Fred185 ...

I don't even know where they are from unless I hit accept reservation 

@Fred185  It sounds like you are a "Request to Book" host , as opposed to using Instant Book, if you are talking about hitting "accept". You can easily see a guest's profile before accepting or declining. Just click on the circle with the letter in it to the left of the guest's booking request message and that will take you to their profile. 

But be aware that many guests' profile info may be out-dated (they moved and haven't changed the info on their profile, or they have purposely entered a place they aren't realy from). And where they are from, even if correct, doesn't give you any info about where they are coming from right now or where they have been.

I was always instant book until this morning actually.  Kind of new to community discussion.  Thanks for the reply, I will look closer at options that you mentioned