Questions about the review system.

Answered!

Questions about the review system.

Couple of questions:

1. Wondering why our reviews seem to be in a random order. eg latest reviews are showing up on page 2.  Older reviews shown first.

Anybody shed any light on this?

2. General comments on the review system.  Should more experienced guests, eg with more stays, be weighted.

It does seem that the two low ratings we have had have been from a new (zero stays) guest, and a host, yes a host,  who gave us 3 stars overall but 5 stars on everything else apart from  4* location and check-in.

Europeans tend to give 3* for "as expected", 4* for better than expected, and reserve five stars for paradise. The place of your dreams that you will probably never stay in.

More experienced Airbnb guests seem to grasp the system. 

I hasten to add one clown didn't follow the directions he was given and instead of sticking to the footpath decided to climb an outcrop mapped as "commando ridge" (a bit of a clue as to it's difficulty) because he took it upon himself to know better, and then mark down on location despite map pin being exactly placed on the house, and PM'd us that directions were "unclear".  An experienced hiker and firefighter.

I pray we never have a fire at our house if this is the level of common sense they have these days.

What do you guys think?

Top Answer
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kevin1322 

Reviews are displayed twofold.

i) In chronological order under Host Profile.

ii) not in chronological order under the listing.

The reason is explained in HELP.  Type: Why aren’t my reviews shown in order?

Why aren’t my reviews shown in order?

When someone browses your listing, reviews are ordered based on several factors that are relevant or helpful for guests, including things like:

• How recent the review is
  • The language of the review
  • The country where the reviewer lives
  • The length of the review

For example, if a French traveller browses your listing, recent reviews written in French or by French guests will be shown first. This helps guests read reviews that are relevant to them so they can decide if your listing is a good fit.

However, even though a newer review might not show at the top of your listing page, all the reviews are still available for potential guests

View Top Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kevin1322 

Reviews are displayed twofold.

i) In chronological order under Host Profile.

ii) not in chronological order under the listing.

The reason is explained in HELP.  Type: Why aren’t my reviews shown in order?

Why aren’t my reviews shown in order?

When someone browses your listing, reviews are ordered based on several factors that are relevant or helpful for guests, including things like:

• How recent the review is
  • The language of the review
  • The country where the reviewer lives
  • The length of the review

For example, if a French traveller browses your listing, recent reviews written in French or by French guests will be shown first. This helps guests read reviews that are relevant to them so they can decide if your listing is a good fit.

However, even though a newer review might not show at the top of your listing page, all the reviews are still available for potential guests

@Alon1#

Excellent answer.

That seems quite a sensible system.

Many thanks