Regional Restrictions, co-host payout can't be set up

Nis1
Level 1
Hamilton, Canada

Regional Restrictions, co-host payout can't be set up

I'm facing an error while setting up the payout method for my co-host on one of our two property listings. Although we've successfully added the payout method to one listing, the other one is causing significant issues. Despite reaching out to Airbnb multiple times over the past two weeks, we keep receiving the same generic response, "We are escalating your problem to the right department to address the issue better..blah blah blah." This situation is frustrating as it's preventing us from renting out the property, and the co-host is understandably unwilling to start working due to the pending payout issue. I urgently need effective assistance with resolving this problem.

3 Replies 3
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Nis1 , Have you heard back from the Support team or managed to have this resolved? 

There was a similar question raised by one of the Co-hosts @Rica11 in a 👉topic here👈  where Host @Helen3 , who also happens to be an experienced Co-host shared an advice as below : 

@Helen3  wrote:

I am a cohost @Rica11  and when the host sets up my payment all they need to do is put in the %  we agree for my services and the payment automatically comes through to the bank account set up on my profile. When I looked at one of your listings though,  you seem to be added as the cohost rather than the main host. If you are the owner but are listed as a cohost this will be why you can't add a cohost to the listing.

Is the above case valid for you as well @Nis1 that Helen mentioned? I'm also looking forward to read, if experienced Co-hosts @Joan2709 and @Helen3 have any guidance for us on this topic 👀 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Bhumika,

The title of the thread implies the cause of his frustration is because he cannot set up a co-host payout due to regional restrictions.  The OP doesn't provide specifics, but the co-host payout Help Center article states that the host and co-host must reside in the same country and only one co-host payout is permissable.  Without more information, we cannot tell if the first co-host payout set up was supposed to happen.  It could be determined that it should be removed.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much for shedding more light on the topic @Debra300 🌻 Eager to hear back from @Nis1 as well! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines