Removing myself as host

Answered!
Roxane12
Level 1
Munich, Germany

Removing myself as host

Hi there,

My boyfriend recently broke up with me and I am moving out. I created a listing for the guestroom of his appartment a while back. I would now like to remove myself as host for this listing. I can't just remove the listing because he is still renting. I already made him primary host... but can't find how to remove myself now.

Will Iose all the good reviews we had on my profile?

Thanks, Roxane

1 Best Answer

You cannot transfer a listing from one host to another.  Airbnb is host-based, not location based.  That means, while you've added him as a co-host, he is not in charge of the listing, you are.  The listing is tied to you, as the host, as are the reviews that are associated - because the reviews are about you as the host of that location.  You should immediately snooze the listing and make him create a new listing in his own name to take any future bookings.  

Additionally, the guests that are currently booked are under no obligation to stay with him as their host.  You must inform them so they can choose to move to another property in case they do not want to stay with him alone. Previously they choose the location because you, @Roxane12 were the host.  You cannot make this choice for your guests.  Finally, you most definitely don't want any changes in the standard of care being shown your current guests to reflect on you and show up on your profile (which they will). He can start his own listing, start handling it in the way he'd like and you can part with a clean break and the reviews for you as the host intact. 

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you can't work out how to do it then give bnb a call (use search function if you don't have the number)

You cannot transfer a listing from one host to another.  Airbnb is host-based, not location based.  That means, while you've added him as a co-host, he is not in charge of the listing, you are.  The listing is tied to you, as the host, as are the reviews that are associated - because the reviews are about you as the host of that location.  You should immediately snooze the listing and make him create a new listing in his own name to take any future bookings.  

Additionally, the guests that are currently booked are under no obligation to stay with him as their host.  You must inform them so they can choose to move to another property in case they do not want to stay with him alone. Previously they choose the location because you, @Roxane12 were the host.  You cannot make this choice for your guests.  Finally, you most definitely don't want any changes in the standard of care being shown your current guests to reflect on you and show up on your profile (which they will). He can start his own listing, start handling it in the way he'd like and you can part with a clean break and the reviews for you as the host intact. 

Fátima4
Level 2
Faro, Portugal

I suggested that you contact Airbnb for help with this question.
When I have questions I would like to call Airbnb in Portugal, which happened to be a host of Brazil who gave me the contact, because she had been in a conference, say, Airbbn and got to know the Portuguese telephone contact.

Fátima

Leigh124
Level 2
Harrisburg, IL

I have the same problem: I sold my house and furnishings to my realtor, who is excited to continue hosting it on airbnb. I was just told by support that I cannot remove myself since I created the listing. So that creates a ton of work for her to create a new listing, and she will lose all of the wonderful reviews. Seems like airbnb should come up with a way to "switch" the listing to a new host without having to do all of this.