Requesting address after booking but far in advance of stay

Heather1075
Level 2
Peachtree Corners, GA

Requesting address after booking but far in advance of stay

I have a guest who is requesting the address after a booking but with 0 reviews and far in advance of the stay. I know addresses can be provided only after booking but this makes me nervous especially since my calendar is viewable and it will be evident when the property isn't booked. However, I can understand wanting the information from a guest standpoint. The general area is provided already but not the actual address. How have others handled this? 

2 Replies 2

@Heather1075   The feature allowing hosts to withhold the address until a certain point before the arrival date is relatively new. I think it's a good defense against scam bookings, especially now that Airbnb has made it so easy to get full refunds. But like you, I can see the guest's point in wanting to have the address ahead. It's uncomfortable to know that you've just spent your money on something, but vital information about it is being kept secret from you.

You seem like an empathetic communicator, so you might be able to smooth it over by explaining your rationale for hiding the address and offering assurance of when they'll receive all the check-in instructions. But if your biggest worry is that someone will use your calendar vacancies as an opportunity to break into the house, I hope you're considering some additional home-security strategies.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Heather1075 Its quite hard to hide our location as we are right next to the church and the village is rather small. That said I am relaxed as we live next door to the apartment so are always on hand to deal with anyone who shouldn't be visiting us.