Review timeline?

Answered!
Bec-and-Phil0
Level 1
Gisborne, New Zealand

Review timeline?

Hi there 

I thought reviews were placed in chronological order (the most recent being at the top)?  Is this correct?  

There appears to be a gremlin on our page which means our very first (oldest) review is now sitting at the top of our page.  And all other reviews begin chronologically below this first/old review.  If I was to glimpse at our reviews it looks like the most recent (top) review was placed in Feb 2015.  

Any ideas why this is or how to fix this?

Thanks 

1 Best Answer

Hey @Bec-and-Phil0,

You are right, however a recent change in the system now does not order reviews chronologically but based on some keywords in the reviews and maybe some more factors. You cannot fix it. 

I hope Airbnb reverses this change soon, as no one wants older reviews popping up.

Cheers,

Jeet

View Best Answer in original post

34 Replies 34

Hey @Bec-and-Phil0,

You are right, however a recent change in the system now does not order reviews chronologically but based on some keywords in the reviews and maybe some more factors. You cannot fix it. 

I hope Airbnb reverses this change soon, as no one wants older reviews popping up.

Cheers,

Jeet

Hi there

Thanks for clarifying.  I am surprised they have done this. This change does little to support the phrase "you are only as good as your last review" - your first review could be your worst, yet since then you have made improvements based on the comments you've received. If this first review is at the top it makes no sense.

Ah well.  Here's hoping people read past the first layer!

Thanks again

Becs

Hi Bec and Phil,

Rightly said and captured the woes of airbnb host. Now my listing reviews from December month at the top. Looks outdated and is likely to be perceived as I have not hosted any guest there after. Just hoping  my potential guests read down the order to get better insight. Best would be that airbnb notices and fixes this.

Cheers!!!

Tina

yea, it just so happens that my single bad review is now first, even though i have had so many glowing reviews since. it seems like they are putting the ppl who gave less than 5 stars first. this person didnt even understand shared living, complaining she couldnt get privacy except in her room. uh, yea, you rented a room, not an entire apartment. but now that's number one. haha

Same here, my only bad review is on the very top! And it was just a one liner review, what keyword they were looking?

Same here. It's really unfair of airbnb as I had a really bad review from a rather difficult first client and since then all my reviews have been great but guess which one is seen first?!

Hello @Jeremy18 @Bec-and-Phil0 @Cheryll-And-Roy0 @Matthew-and-Marilyn0 @Tina20,

I had called Airbnb today for some other issue and after resolving that, asked about the review order. I was told that my reviews were appearing in the cronological order to them however I mentioned that I can't see the same way as they described and similarly for many other hosts.

They've taken my query and have said that the'll look into it and mail me the details.

I'll you all posted here.

Jeet

Deidre0
Level 4
Christiansted, U.S. Virgin Islands

Not only are my reviews not in chronological order, but reviews on subsequent pages do not have dates attached to them.

Is this true for anyone else?

Mine are the same - out of 50 odd glowing reviews two of the worst always appear in the fisrt reviews - so annoying

Thanks so much Jeet. Becs

Hello Jeet

Did you have any further update?  I am having the same issues regarding timelines.

Thank you

Belinda

Hello everyone,

Although I didn't hear back from them, my reviews are no appearing in proper order. May be you could call them too and register your problem.

To contact Airbnb, you can tweet to #AirbnbHelp or use any of the numbers present on your previous booking itineraries.

I hope it gets sorted for you all as well.

Cheers,
Jeet
Carolyn5
Level 8
Leongatha South, Australia

I had a guest stay who really enjoyed her visit but did not complete a review for me within 2 weeks. She messaged me to see if there is a way she can do one now. Any ideas please?

Thanks!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, I have a similar problem, just wondering what to do about it and can't seem to find answers 😞