Rules and regulations in Sacramento Ca

Rules and regulations in Sacramento Ca

Hello,

I am very interested in staring Airbnb in my town. It would not be my personal residence. I would be subleasing on Airbnb.

i reached out to a local host and asked some specific questions about fees and what to do to be able to rent more than 90 days a year. Unfortunately 

the host was willing to help for a $3000.  I have a family member who is currently hosting in other states so my questions were specifically to Sacramento.

Please advise. 
Thank you!

4 Replies 4
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Tania698 ! Questions about fees/taxes depend a lot on where you're located and since this is a global Community Center, it can be challenging to find other local Hosts.

I'd recommend posting your question in one of the Host Clubs as well. You can find them here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Get-Local/ct-p/en_clubs

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Chhoury0
Level 2
San Pablo, CA

I'm trying to do the same. Unfortunately Sacramento has this restriction. You need to list for 31 days or more to go around this restriction. The short term rentals only allows 90 days per year. To get more days per year, you need to apply for conditional use permit, which cost $6750/year! That's a dream killer! 

I obviously do not know much about economics and big corporations who create these laws and which do not allow a middle class person to “survive” this out of control economy (ridiculous rental prices, gasoline surging, and even food) the essentials of life really. -Sorry, I’m just frustrated and desperate to make ends meet. But in regards to your comment, doesn’t the amount of time whether it is a short or long booking also depend on whether the host is on the property or not? I have a 2bed/2bath apartment I’m renting. My understanding is that if I’m on the property then these rules do not apply. Any insight you can share? 

@Dalí0 It's been a while. How did your Airbnb go?  I think if you rent out 30 or more days, you don't need to live on live, and it doesn't have to be your primary residence.  That's city of sacramento.  County of sacramento has a different rule.