SYNCING THE CALENDAR

Answered!
Michael7488
Level 1
La Pine, OR

SYNCING THE CALENDAR

My wife and I have two AirBnb rentals that are next door to each other. We have a separate listing for both of the rentals. One of the rentals accommodates two people and the other accommodates four people. So, to attract guests with larger parties we have combined both of those rentals.

Our problem is syncing the calendars. If we sync Rental 1 and Rental 2 with the combined Rental, when we test it out and block a date in Rental 1 it is also blocked in Rental 2 and the combined Rental. What we want is to be able Block a date in Rental 1 and then have that date blocked in the combined Rental. We have tried different approaches but this is still eating our brains.

1 Best Answer
Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Michael7488 

Go to

pricing and availability

Calendar sync
Linked airbnb calendars

Rental
A 1 bed
B 2 bed

C 3 bed
Link A to C and
B to C

If C is booked, A and B will be blocked automatically
If A (or B) is blocked, C will be blocked automatically

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Michael7488 Its limited . It will sync out of Airbnb but not within . It has to be done manually I expect... H

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Michael7488 The system is designed so that while a booking will block the linked calendar a manual block will not.

This allows people to list a 3 bed house also as a 2 bed house (at a lower price) and then block the 2 bed house in high season so that they get a higher revenue.

In your case you need

Rental 1 = 1 bed house

Rental 2 = 2 bed house

Rental 3 = 3 bed property (carefully explained)

Then link R1 to R3 and R2 to R3. Do not link R1 to R3 and be careful to block all listings if you want a vacation.

Hope this helps

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

... Or rather don't link R1 to R2...

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Michael7488 

Go to

pricing and availability

Calendar sync
Linked airbnb calendars

Rental
A 1 bed
B 2 bed

C 3 bed
Link A to C and
B to C

If C is booked, A and B will be blocked automatically
If A (or B) is blocked, C will be blocked automatically

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Michael7488 Welcome to our Community Center,

I was wondering if you were finally able to sync the calendars. Did you have a chance to try @Bob297 and @Mike-And-Jane0's suggestion?

Keep us posted.

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad