Scheduled Messages - *New* Never Skip Option?

Answered!

Scheduled Messages - *New* Never Skip Option?

Hi All:

Just thought I would pass along I noticed a new option appear at the bottom of the Scheduled Messages Template (or maybe I never noticed it before)? No Airbnb Help Articles on it that I could find. Seems like it will solve the problem with messages being skipped (especially short stay or last minute bookings) if a guest books last minute after the Scheduled Message is normally sent. This would be especially helpful for the Scheduled Check in Message 🤔

Joan2709_0-1724850643126.png

Anyone else notice this or currently using? 

1 Best Answer
Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@Joan2709,

Thanks for bringing this up! I am happy to say that it may be because I and other hosts sent requests about the problem of scheduled important information (directions, check in info, helpful tips, house manual) that are not sent because the guests booked last minute so I had to manually send the relevant messages. It was a surprise to the first guest it happened to then tedious for the other 3 that booked last minute.

It’s nice to see that they are reading our feedback and implementing changes!

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Ciao @Joan2709 , I also have this option and, as you,  I did not noticed it before. But maybe it was already there since long (with pc you have to scroll down the page to see it)

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Joan2709 😊

It's very interesting! 

Thank you very much for sharing this tip with the community. 😍

Warm regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center
Lorina14
Top Contributor
Bellevue, WA

@Joan2709,

Thanks for bringing this up! I am happy to say that it may be because I and other hosts sent requests about the problem of scheduled important information (directions, check in info, helpful tips, house manual) that are not sent because the guests booked last minute so I had to manually send the relevant messages. It was a surprise to the first guest it happened to then tedious for the other 3 that booked last minute.

It’s nice to see that they are reading our feedback and implementing changes!

@Lorina14 

I was excited to see it too!...unfortunately its not working right. I had a guest book a one-night stay and it sent the Check-in message even though their check in was 3 weeks away?  I had to turn it off.

I'm guessing there is a bit more tweaking to do 😁

@Joan2709,

yay! But whoops! Did you report it to Airbnb customer service so they can work out the bugs? 

@Lorina14 

I didn't...should have though. I wonder if there is a way to test this without actually doing a booking? 

@Joan2709 

The software engineers should have tested it in an environment prior to making it go live. Unfortunately I caught issues when I read the scheduled messages that were sent out, there were some formatting issues then I also caught the fact that my last minute guests were not receiving all the important scheduled messages. I know you could theoretically find the house manual but I send it to them so there is no question about the rules and where to find items in the suite. 

@Joan2709 

I was so excited that I went to my listing to activate it only to see your next message that it’s not quite working properly and had to go and deactivate it.  😂

@Lorina14 

I know...bummer.😥

@Joan2709 

I just reported it as a feedback and listed your screen name so maybe they may reach out to find out details? 🤞