Setting Check in days during High season

Hope180
Level 2
New Shoreham, RI

Setting Check in days during High season

Hi! I have been hosting for 5+ years with airbnb and I currently host 10 properties. In the past I was able to set a 3 night min with any check in day for slow season October-May and then June-September set a 7 night min with check ins only on Mondays. it seems this function no longer exisits. Can someone comment on this as to why they changed this and if there are any loopholes? 

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Hope180 to be able to do this you need to switch on Pro tools in your account. Then in the listings calendar you apply a ruleset to the June-Sept period with 7 night min and Monday as the only day guests can checkin and out.

@Mike-And-Jane0 I just tried this, i already have protools but its only letting me select a set check in day for the entire year, no rulesets. Are you able to do this on your end? I was able to do this previously and ever since airbnb updated several months ago they no longer allow me to do this

@Hope180 Yes I have just checked and we can still add a ruleset to the calendar. When I highlight some nights I then get a pop up on the right and can scroll down to 'add ruleset'. Sorry but I can't add a screenshot as I am not computer literate.

I am using a computer not a phone app by the way.

Hi @Hope180 

@Mike-And-Jane0  have pointed out the only way to apply custom check in check out days is by using a Rule Set to override the default settings for the entire year.

It's think it's easier to use the multicalendar to create and apply rule sets to the calendar and you can easily tell the Rule Set is applied to specific dates on the multicalendar by the shading. The regular calendar doesn't show the

shading, so its hard to identify the dates the Rule Set has been applied to.

A Rule Set will only effect the dates you apply it to and overrides your calendar default settings. Below is a guide that has screens shots and explains how to do that. Thank yourathto create and use Rule Sets

Use Pro Tools To Set Custom Checkin/Checkout & Min Stay

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/Guide-How-to-Use-Pro-Tools-amp-Rule-Sets-to-Cre...