Should I delete my account and start over because of a 4.89?

Shannon1124
Level 1
State College, PA

Should I delete my account and start over because of a 4.89?

I have had a number of properties on Airbnb since 2016. I have a new one that I just put on and I haven’t gotten a single rental through Airbnb yet. I’m wondering if the 4.89 that I have because of one person from back in 2016 giving me a four on value is causing me not to get any bookings? In which case, rather than wait this out, should I just delete the account and start fresh? It seems like people are probably only searching for five star properties.

3 Replies 3
Scott2167
Level 2
Pottsboro, TX

I don't think the 4.89 will matter, that is still a respectable number and not a true reflection of the property if it was for value......being dinged for cleanliness would be a proplem.  Looking at your area, the price per night for your property is many times what other houses are going for.  I bet this is a pricing issue not a rating or write up issue.  The pictures are good.  The write up talks a lot about what has been done to the property rather than how the guests will enjoy it but I doubt that is holding back the property for booking volume.  I always say, I'd rather be booked constantly at a lower price than only periodically at a higher price.  Consider lowering the price to be more competitive for your area.

Hope this helps, Scott O

Thanks scott- I appreciate your insights so much! I’ll try dropping the price and see if that helps. I was just assuming people were only looking at 5.0 listings and that’s why im not generating any reservations. Thanks for the excellent help!

Hello @Shannon1124 

Agree with @Scott2167 - you have a very good rating so the issue isn't there.  Airbnb have invested in AI so recreating your listing is not an option I would undertake as you have every chance that your new listing will be picked out as a duplicate and it will get suspended definitively!   

Competition has doubled in most areas and people are watching their purses so looking at your competitors pricing is important to see if you are priced competitively

All the best

Joëlle