Someone else has booked on my account

Someone else has booked on my account

I recently saw that in 2021 someone unknown to me made a booking using my account. Their details are on my account with a booking for 8 people for $1200  in the US. It was during the pandemic and I don’t live in the US. Airbnb are saying I must have shared my computer with someone else and are not much help. I haven’t, specially as I was home during lock down. The person just so happens to have the same first name as me. Has this ever happened to anyone? I have had my fair share of issues with Airbnb both as a host and guest but this is something new to me.

2 Replies 2

@Ayan984 you may consider following below tips on how to possibly dispute this amount and report the account take over.

-Compile any evidence that supports your claim that the booking was unauthorized. This could include your location at the time of the booking, your activity logs (if available), and any communication or lack thereof regarding the unauthorized booking.

-If the initial response by Airbnb support is unsatisfactory, ask to escalate the issue to a higher authority within Airbnb or consider reaching out to their support via social media platforms for more visibility.

-If there were financial transactions involved with the unauthorized booking, notify your bank or credit card provider about the fraudulent activity. They may offer additional advice or take steps to protect your finances. Keep detailed records of all your communications with Airbnb, including emails, calls, and messages. This documentation can be crucial if the dispute escalates. Hope this helps!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ayan984 You really need to involve your bank but it may be too late as 3 years have passed. Impressive you didn't notice $1200 leaving your account.