Sorting listing by price

Yoav4
Level 10
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Sorting listing by price

Isn't it weird that you cannot sort listing by price?
I think ir's very basic and this is the first site that I saw that doesn't have this option.

Of course other sorting options such as reviews, distance from request place etc could be nice but price is like I mention is basic.
What do you think?

94 Replies 94

@Joseph1639 Airbnb like to control their hosts by affecting their placement in the search facility. Allowing guests to search by price would destroy their ability to do this.

You can however filter by a price range which together with using the map to focus in on the region you want. Not ideal but achieves 90% of what you want.

Yes, you are absolutely right about airbnb is a total control FREAK for hosts!! It's very challenging to be a host here.  Not only that, They lean unilaterally towards guests and punish hosts for any tiny little things. What the hell with can't even cancel a reservation that I don't even feel safe/comfortable to accept??? After all, it's my own property , by law I can choose whoever I want to step on my property  and the Hell with you loose your ''super host" statues after  you EVEN pay the ridiculous FINES to cancel a couple of reservations!!   They think the guests is paying the service fee, but HEY! without us hosts, who is going to pay your service fee??!!!

Lol, good point! 

Hamish42
Level 2
St Peters, Australia

Very annoying, and I'm not using this site anymore; I don't like being manipulated.

There are plenty of similar sites online!

@Hamish42 

"There are plenty of similar sites online!"

Such as? The only other site that does not ruin hosts with forced instant book is VRBO and it is a major pain to deal with them and lately there are no booking through them after they merged 

Hamish42
Level 2
St Peters, Australia

Air bnb are looking after their own interests and not those of their customers (which, they don't seem to understand are one and the same!).

I hate being manipulated like that.

I still have the choice not to use their site so I'm looking elsewhere although I'm set up with Air BnB (Just noticed that Stayz lets you sort low to high for price so I'm looking there).

I love Airbnb... but horrible user experience when searching. 

VRBO is a great alternative to Airbnb. They offer the "sort" option. You will see many of the same rentals on there as Airbnb.

Instead of going to https://www.airbnb.com , go to https://www.airbnb.com.au

Apparently in Australia you have to display the full price including the taxes and cleaning fees.

But can you sort by price?

Arnaud374
Level 2
Nantes, France

So much votes and replies wow. Didn’t knew it was still a thing, it does near two years I Airbnb without this lame app, win win with the landlord, my life is smarter without it.

this topic is a good proof that the money they collect is not used so much, it just goes into the pocket of well-endowed bobo who make fun of users.

so do like me and stop wasting money on apps that don't deserve it, use it free, search and talk.

exactly.  I just tried by accident to search on airbnb. couldn't sort by price and picked up another property on vrbo.

I'll check back and see if their software people are listening.

@Matt5403 

this thread is open since 2017 and they never responded so O can assure you , you do not need to check back here.

Cherie102
Level 3
Knoxville, TN

I am a UIUX designer and I agree that this is a very fundamental feature you need to offer! It is soooo frustrating to go through 100+ listings. You are knows for doing so much the right way why fail here?

Matt5403
Level 3
Carlsbad, CA

Hey Airbnb - figure out how to sort by price dummies!